Barn construction

Discussion in 'Horse Chat' started by HotseatHuntSeat, Sep 17, 2018.

1. paval

paval Senior Member

Do they do the site prep/excavation for that price? Still sounds like a good price even if they don't. Someday I hope to build my own barn on the 22 acres mom gave me off her farm next door (acres adjoin my house and property), so I've been pricing and to build something similar to the barn Dad built in 1975 (30' x 50', with cement aisle and 12' wide overhangs both sides, one side with cement floor), I figure easily $60,000. Have come to the conclusion, I will have to build something more moderate.

Alsosusieq2 likes this.
  2. Jim_in_PA

Jim_in_PA Senior Moderator Staff Member

Check references.... ;) And yes, be sure you understand who is going to be doing the required due diligence with the local jurisdiction(s).

billz and paval like this.
  3. stardozer

stardozer Full Member

Awesome. Post pictures.

4. HotseatHuntSeat

HotseatHuntSeat Registered

Will do! Yes they do the prep work and I had a good friend who actually had work performed by them show me his contract and the actual building. It will most likely be spring at this point as they have a three month waiting list.

paval likes this.
  5. paval

paval Senior Member

That is a fantastic price then for sure. I know to have stone, non-grade and screenings hauled in to prep a site for proper drainage and prep stalls can get pretty expensive.