1. JOIN the world's largest horse forum! Chat and learn from other experts about horse training, breeding, health, showing, riding, contests and use our free horse classifieds. Register Here

Bags under eyes

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by NBChoice, Jan 8, 2017.

1. NBChoice

NBChoice Senior Member

Does anyone have a makeup trick or some other remedy to make dark under eye circles less visible? Mine are getting worse as I age and it makes me look tired all the time. Or sick if I'm not wearing makeup. :(

2. ginster

ginster Senior Member

Are they more purplish or more blue? Try colour correcting concealers, peach for blue yellow for more purplish under eye shadows.
    I have some success with the ones from silknaturals.com.

3. gaitedboomer

gaitedboomer Senior Member

If you eat a lot of salt, back off the salt, it will help diminish the dark circles.

I had dark circles when I was young and the doctor told me to stop salting my French fries -- I did and the dark circles greatly diminished.

I now have old age circles. Hemorrhoid ointment helps reduce and sooth them. For the first time ever, I am glad I wear glasses because they do a good job of hiding old and tired eyes, lollol

Varisha and sorrell like this.
  4. NBChoice

NBChoice Senior Member

More blue I would say. I will try the silk naturals. Not very expensive!

Noooooo. :( I love salt. I probably use way more salt than I should. I love eating slices of tomato with salt on them. I love salty fries. I would much rather eat salty snacks than sweet snacks.

Mirage and Friesiangirl like this.
  5. ginster

ginster Senior Member

Do not use hemorrhoid cream under your eyes. It makes the skin thin and papery if used over longer periods.
    And if your undereye circles are hereditary, there is nothing much you can do to diminish them....

6. kb1gra

kb1gra Senior Member

It depends on what the cause of the circles are. Mine are genetic due to insubstantial tear troughs and the only fix for that would be injectable fillers and vitamin k.

That said, keeping the eye area hydrated with a proper eye cream will help a lot, and if you wish to wear concealer, the L'Oreal lumi concealer pen has a small amount of light reflecting material that helps prevent shadowing.

7. loom

loom Senior Member

Some people swear by placing tea bags over the eyes. Steep the tea bags in warm water for a few minutes, squeeze the excess water out and then chill them in the refer before placing them over your closed eyes.

Slices of raw cucumber are said to do the same thing.

GotaDunQH likes this.
  8. MzCarol

MzCarol Senior Member

My cross to bear :( It's hereditary in my family and i've had them my entire life. Nothing works unless it's plastic surgery. Salt and such do make them worse, but nothing but surgery will make them go away. I, too, am glad I wear glasses because they disguise the bags. I take my glasses off when in the barn/riding and I just haaaaaaaaaaaate the way i look :(

9. sorrell

sorrell Senior Member

Just be careful about the tea bags, I did that once with black tea and the tannins stained my eyes worse!!!
    For me, getting more sleep and using an all natural face moisturizer helps.

10. Alsosusieq2

Alsosusieq2 Senior Member

I dont have terrible but its hereditary. Conceal but dust lightly with powder first for me as it helps. I think you should google colors of concealer..shades of green based etc or others is very helpful. That IS if you're wearing foundation also.