Back again!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by horsewhispers, Mar 12, 2018.

1. horsewhispers

horsewhispers Senior Member

It's been a long time since I was on here last! It must have been 4 or 5 years. I still have (mostly) the same equine family I had before...my paint mate Sunflower and my mustang gelding Knight. I sold little miss Dixie (my POA) to a wonderful new owner a couple years ago. At the time 3 horses were too much, and I HAD bought her as a rehome project to begin with.

I got a job as an exercise rider at a local racing stable and have been there for almost a year. In the process I have absolutely fallen in love with thoroughbreds and have been making mental notes of each one I would love to take home after their career is over (basically all of them). Two weeks ago I brought home my first OTTB, Battery Creek. He's a 3 year old who's career was cut short due to not holding up to galloping at the racetrack day in and day out. I'm currently giving him some time to just settle in and give his body a rest. He's sound, and I'm hoping with TLC and quality training that he could make a nice dressage prospect!

That's a little of what's been going on lately. Can't wait to see what everyone else is up to!

ChestersMomma and manesntails like this.
  2. Alsosusieq2

Alsosusieq2 Senior Member

Well.. hallo Horsewhispers-!! Sounds like a lot has gone on actually. You've got a fun job at the track, and you really get to know them pretty well. Sounds like a lot of fun to me. Good to meet you. :)

Welcome to the forum - :tiphat: