Arena sand

Discussion in 'Horse Names' started by CarlisleChipper, Oct 26, 2018.

1. CarlisleChipper

CarlisleChipper Senior Member+

I've been in the process of clearing land for a riding arena. Land is cleared. But for a legitimate arena not even including fencing, the only company that will get back to me is saying $29,000 and that is just for a base and sand on top. I just went out to see if I can even get to the natural base under the same. Nope. I got a out 4 feet down before I gave up. It's just pure sand. Like beach sand, loamy sand that coastal hay grows in. I'm wondering if sand this deep would ever naturally compact under the impact of the horses hoof and be suitable. I honestly don't know. Another option I'm wondering about is since the sand is probably suitable for riding by itself, if I had the land graded about a foot down to where it is nice clean sand. Could I pay to have a base put down and then the sand that was graded off of it, could that be cleaned and reused to put back on top of the base. Is that even a service? Because I'd have to have all that dirty sand hauled off which is another pretty penny.
    I'd rather spend $29,000 on a tractor and have the base brought in so I could spread it myself. Ugh. I feel so discouraged like I'm not ever going to get my riding arena at home. Frustrating to have the perfect space for it but not able to utilize it.

2. CarlisleChipper

CarlisleChipper Senior Member+

Sorry I meant to put this in horse chat