Aqha WP bloodline

Discussion in 'Critique My Horse' started by haffix, Mar 6, 2018.

1. haffix

haffix Full Member

Hello everyone, i'll maaaaaybe have the chance to buy or lease a horse that I fell in love with. I had the chance of riding him for a few days, he's 5 and still a little green due to the lack of time of the owner, but I was totally impressed by his total attention to me in every single moment (terrible wind outside, things flying around, crazy horses lunging...), even with long and multiple work session in a day, he looks like he really loves his job and he's the sweetest horse ever, loves humans and attentions. He's by Absolute option x zmgb mare, I really liked him but for me he would be the first horse with an actual wp bloodline, so, even if i know the names on his paper, I've never had direct experiences with such horses, and I'd really like to have some information about them, if someone has/had a horse with the same sire or out of a zmgb dam i would be really interested about your experience.☺

2. spec

spec Full Member

I knew a ZMGB mare pretty well. She seemed fine when I rode her but “rumor has it” she flips a switch and goes nuts every once in a while. Pretty mover though, very natural.
    I believe horses are largely a product of how they were handled throughout their life. Getting to know the horse yourself will tell you more about a horse’s personality than it’s bloodlines will. :)

3. EnglishRider234

EnglishRider234 Senior Member

There was a zmbg mare at my old barn that was nuts. She was super talented but definitley missing a few screws. She would be lunging no problem the just rear straight up and fly backwards as fast as she could.

Granted the handling of horses there was less than stellar and she was locked in a stall 24/7 with no turnout and minimal riding. (Only a few of many many many reasons I am no longer there) so I cannot really say how much of that is breeding and how much is just not being treated right.

4. haffix

haffix Full Member

I stayed at the barn for 5 days and got to see him in all possible situations, from handling, moving him in and out of the pasture, loading on trailer, moving to a new arena, saddle, lunging, being close to crazy horses...to the riding itself, and he behaved perfectly in every moment. The only thing is that my riding was intentionally not challenging, because he has been out of training for a long time due to owner injury, so everything has been quite soft and forgiving and I don't know how he would react to more pressure. But I'll get to find out only if i get to lease him, and it looks like this is not going to happen anymore unfortunately, at least for now, since another person is interested and will probably take him:cry:

EnglishRider234 likes this.
  5. GotaDunQH

GotaDunQH Senior Member

Absolute Option really proved himself in the show pen....see below:

absolute investment Offspring Photos

[​IMG]
    Jason Martin & Absolute Option - 2001 sorrel stallion
    (Absolute Investment x Chips Fancy Jaguar by Zips Chocolate Chip)

• Qualified for the 2006 World in Sr. Western Riding and Sr. Trail.

• 2005 AQHA High Point Junior Western Riding Stallion

• AQHA Reserve High Point Junior Western Riding Champion

• 2005 Congress Champion in Junior Western Riding

• 2005 AQHA World Championship Show: 3rd in Junior Western Riding and 6th in Junior Trail.

• Congress Non-Pro Western Pleasure Stakes - Top Ten

• Northwest Congress Open Western Derby - Reserve Champ & Junior Western Pleasure Winner

• Florida Gold Coast Circuit & Gulf Cost Circuit Junior Western Riding - Champion

• Arizona Sun Circuit Junior Western Riding - Co-Champion

• Reicherts Junior Western Riding - Reserve Champion

• NSBA Breeders CHampionship Silver Non-Pro Pleasure Futurity - 6th Place

• AQHA National Junior Western Riding Leader twice

• Superior Western Pleasure & Western Riding

• 243 points & $21,111 earnings

6. haffix

haffix Full Member

It looks like he was really good in western riding:D Now more than ever i hope to win the lottery or something and get tu buy him before the other person!!

7. Lopinslow

Lopinslow Senior Member

Jason and Charlie's specialty is Western riding.

haffix likes this.
  8. LoveTrail

LoveTrail Senior Member

And are the best in the world in Western Riding. They have like a ten year streak of winning senior with multiple horses.