April 15 Here....

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Faster Horses, Apr 15, 2018 at 9:14 AM.

1. ginster

ginster Senior Member

We´re at around 68 here....going to go up to 80 by the end of the week.
    Currently nice and sunny out.

2. Baboo

Baboo Senior Member

^^^I'm jealous! On top of the ice, we now have pouring rain that is making everything treacherous. Hope it warms up enough soon that this will dissolve. Don't need broken bones too.

3. EventerNic6187

EventerNic6187 Senior Member

I got sick of my April 15 looking like that so I moved to where this was my April 15:
    04A79A4C-00B1-4F32-87CB-C04A3FD79AD8.jpeg

I don’t know how you guys do it. I think I have “winter PTSD”. I sometimes have this sudden panic that I need a jacket because it’s going to be freezing outside. Then I check the weather and it’s 82 :ROFLMAO:

Puddincup and mooselady like this.
  4. bobo and horses

bobo and horses Senior Member

My son was stuck on the U.P.side of the Mackinac Bridge because his vehicle is considered high profile. About 8 hours. We sent him to an old friends house in Hessell, not too far from bridge. Finally, at about 9:00last night he got across, then an hour and a half on solid ice covered by about a foot of snow, he was finally home.

Stop this for goodness sake. I’ve had enough. We got 17 inches of heavy wet stuff in the last 48 hours
    Miracle tho, we never lost our electricity. Without it, no water, no toilet, only heat is the wood stove in family room. It isn’t over yet.

5. CJ

CJ Senior Member

LOL :rofl:. Has seemed that way.
    After an 80* day we had one that was in the 40s and just windy and raw. Last night poured rain but at least it was a warm front pushing on the cold one. Rest of the week is forecast @ 60. We'll settle for that.
    Oh and since 4/15 was weekend, and Monday is Tax Emancipation Day in DC, tax returns are due tomorrow the 17th I saw.. right before I mailed mine on the 14th.

mooselady likes this.
  6. mooselady

mooselady Senior Member

7. RusticR

RusticR Full Member

This was today.... miserable weekend of freezing rain and super high winds that turned to snow last night. It’s a super fine grainy snow so hard to tell what we got but I would assume atleast 12” maybe a little more.

The snow makes for pretty pictures but I’m ready for grass and sunshine!

Attached Files:

Alsosusieq2 and mooselady like this.
  8. PyroTekNik333

PyroTekNik333 Senior Member

Grand total of snow for us this weekend was 29 inches! They're forcasting another 3/6 for wednesday :help:
    If I wanted to deal with this much snow I'd have bought a home in the les belt!

9. mooselady

mooselady Senior Member

:eek: That's crazy

10. PyroTekNik333

PyroTekNik333 Senior Member

It really is :ROFLMAO:
    Even during winter season a storm packing that kind of snow would be unusual for us.
    6" per is pretty normal, 12" not out of line for a 'bad' storm lol but to get hit with this mid april has really been throwing a wrench in things.
    Several construction projects had been started and had interstates down to one temp lane. That temp lane was not designed for ease of plowing!

Things are finally starting to look a little better out today, most roads are cleared now and businesses are digging out.
    Unfortunately more than a few have roofs collapse. A dairy farmer I know lost the roof on his freestall barn. Got most of the cows out but not all :(
    Couldn't get heavy equipment to the barn to lift the broken trusses.
    And a special needs stable to the south lost their arena roof. No injuries though so that is a blessing :)