April 15 Here....

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Faster Horses, Apr 15, 2018 at 9:14 AM.

1. DelP

DelP Senior Member

Jive could be without his blanket, but then he'd have an unfair advantage for blanket tag.... *sigh* I think my blankets are all one big patch at this point. I probably need new blankets, but Jig is so tricky to fit I just keep patching up his ancient one.

Faster Horses likes this.
  2. lucky_pine

lucky_pine Senior Member

Just the other day it was almost 80! Today we have this! The thunderstorm we had a couple days ago really greened the grass up, at least.

Attached Files:

Faster Horses likes this.
  3. Faster Horses

Faster Horses Senior Member

Oh shucks, I did see Jack running away from Charlie. It is fair to assume this is happening in my pasture right now.

Good news! We have 35 and melty right now.

You know, before it freezes and snows again tonight.

4. Faster Horses

Faster Horses Senior Member

ooh, but a thunderstorm would be worth it!! Not sure we've had more than 60 yet this spring, maybe one day at 60. It has been unseasonably cold allll spring.

5. Charliemyheart

Charliemyheart Senior Member

75BEAF1B-35C0-4B14-A449-9E92E9935423.jpeg CA31D9A2-9681-4092-BC69-3901369E59A2.jpeg
    All of MN is. Top photo is today bottom was yesterday. At least the dogs seem to like it

ginster, Alsosusieq2 and Dona Worry like this.
  6. lucky_pine

lucky_pine Senior Member

We have only had one day so far. Otherwise it's been anywhere from 30 to mid 50s. Terrible!

7. PyroTekNik333

PyroTekNik333 Senior Member

We got some ice Friday night.
    And then the snow started.
    I got sent home from work saturday and never got sent out today. Even the milk trucks aren't hauling. Lots of farmers are having to dump their milk today :(

I'm about to head out for evening chores, its a little early but there is a slight lull in the whiteout lol so I'm going to take advantage of it!

8. RG NIGHT HEIR

RG NIGHT HEIR Senior Member

Wow,I feel for all of you horse women and men for enduring the prolonged winter.
    On the greener side to this all,you won't have to worry about watering and everything will be nice and green when everything here will be dead brown with all the dust in the air.

9. Lopinslow

Lopinslow Senior Member

And, I got stuck twice plowing. Second time, back up, slid sideways and ended up 20 feet from where I started... and there it sits! Lol

10. mooselady

mooselady Senior Member

Today is the 105th of January, I was doing a first aid course at the barn, wearing T shirt, with warm top over it, vest, goosedown jacket, then went to get Fergies fleece and wrapped myself in that. I WAS intending to change Fergies blanket from winter to spring weight, but seeing as they are calling for snow again on Monday/Tuesday I just left it on:(

Yesterday driving home was about the worst drive I have taken here.....most of the way it is on gravel, the roads are melting, but the wind was so strong it had blown a ton of snow over them, so they were deep, wet, slushy, icy and snowy all at once. Visibility was poor, and it was just HORRIBLE...