apple cider vinegar for arthritis?

Discussion in 'Horse Health' started by iheartrezzi, Apr 2, 2011.

1. iheartrezzi

iheartrezzi Senior Member

does apple cider vinegar reallly help horses with arthritis?

i have read multiple threads on here about it, but i would like to hear about personal experiences with it.

what were your results with it? how long does it take to kick in? what are some side effects or anything? and anything else you can think of :)

2. Chow

Chow Senior Member+

I have never heard of this. But I know that glucosamine shots help horses with arthritis.

3. xJokerx

xJokerx Senior Member

I've always used it for flies. But never tried it on horses. I wouldn't imagine it hurting though...

4. ASM

ASM Senior Member

What!! This sounds outrageous. Is this supposed to be oral administration? I don't see how giving something that is acidic can be good for the stomach. I think it would mess with the horses pH balance. I would say stick to glucosamine and chondroitin (there is research for sure out there to back it up); shots typically work better than oral.

5. Zora

Zora Senior Member

I have heard that it's good for a lot of things, our two horses get about 1/4 cup in two scoops of beet pulp for lunch.

6. Sunrisepony

Sunrisepony Senior Member+

It wouldn't surprise me if that was the case, I know for a fact though Flax Seed and Fish Oil and just an straight Omega 3 suppliment is great for Arthritis.