Anyone watch or listen to Trump's press conference yesterday?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by bellalou, Feb 17, 2017.

1. slc

slc Senior Member

I don't really think he got elected into that position. Actually. Not by legitimate means.

I just spent about 8 hours researching Gregg (note the extra g) Phillips, the guy who says 3-5 million illegal aliens voted in the election, all for Hillary, and that's why Hillary got 3 million more of the popular vote than Trump did.

In fact, every single one of those votes was for Hillary.

Now...no matter who someone intends to vote for, about 4% of any voting group - votes for the wrong person by accident. So there is no actual way that 3-5 million illegal aliens all cast their vote for Hillary.

You guys, you would not even BELIEVE what a horrendous record of ethical violations and obsessions about black people voting, that this guy has. I've been looking into the 'software' employed by True the Vote and to the 'software' Gregg Phillips claims he has that will provide all the answers and prove 3 - 5 million voted 'illegally'.

This guy goes back 30+ years. His obsession is not that 'people' or 'immigrants' are voting illegally at all, it's that minorities are voting. This goes back 30 years. Being bused to other states to cast votes for - Democrats. And it's only Democrats that all of them vote for, ya know.

His software (I am not sure any software exists, as up til very recently he claimed he was doing all this manually with an 'army of volunteers'), does things like flags anyone who lives in a home with 6 or more residents. Common in poor neighborhoods. The 'analysis' is tuned to finding people from poor neighborhoods. And in places where they will largely be minorities.

When his 'methods' were used to analyze the signatures on the recall petition for Wisconsin, he found an incredible number of 'illegal signatures'. The government called some of these people. For example, one group of 8 people was 'busted' by Phillips for listing as an address, a vacant lot. When contacted they said the building was recently demolished so they had to - as incredible as it sounds, i know - move to another address nearby. Buildings get demolished a lot in poor neighborhoods. And in many cases, poor people move often, too.

That he got different contracts over the years in the Texas government after all the incredible crap he pulled is nothing short of incredible.

And in fact, he now says old friend Catherine Engelbrecht at True The Vote will 'take care of' the data that proves all this illegal voting, will analyze and report on it.

You know what?

He has not done ANY analysis of this data. ANY. The 3-5 million illegal voters voting for Hillary is what he 'fully expects' to find.

He wrote some similar 'software' that was flagging every person as an 'illegal voter' if they abbreviated their middle name. Yes. If you sign your name with your middle initial abbreviated, you were classed as an illegal voter.

That's his 'analytics'.

My guess is that his $100,000 in back taxes is quickly catching up with him. He needs some money quick.

He is a part of this group that insists that some 'bus loads' of 'illegal voters' are being shipped to places like Wisconsin from places like...'Michigan or Illinois' or 'Indian reservations'. In other words, there are caravans of buses from Detroit or Chicago, transporting blacks, Hispanics and 'Indians off the reservation' to register 'illegal votes'.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2017
    ginster, Baboo, LaceyInJuneau and 3 others like this.
  2. mooselady

mooselady Senior Member

I didn't watch, and having read the reports I don't want to, because somehow I am embarrassed to watch, and that makes little sense even to me. From the sounds of it it was a horrible display, and I cannot fathom how there are still those who support him, who say "Yes, this man represents America in all it's greatness"

Agrize and Alsosusieq2 like this.
  3. bellalou

bellalou Senior Member

It's very difficult to watch or listen but as an American citizen, I do think it's so important to do so. So here's another part that just kills me - he rambles on about how he got the "biggest electoral margin" since Ronald Reagan, which he's said several times since the election.

A reporter actually calls him out on it, points out that Obama got a significantly higher margin. What does Trump say? "I was talking about Republicans."

So the reporter comes right back with George H.W. Bush who got 426 (while Trump got 306) and Trump says," Well, that's what they told me."

That's what they TOLD you!? What, you don't know? Something as simple to check or to google or whatever? Something that you've repeatedly said, you never checked!?

No, you're just flat-out lying. This is what kills me. Lie often enough and people will eventually believe it. That's why I think it's so critical to listen to/watch him. It's cringeworthy but it's so important.

ginster, Baboo, manesntails and 2 others like this.
  4. mooselady

mooselady Senior Member

ginster, manesntails and Alsosusieq2 like this.
  5. bellalou

bellalou Senior Member

I'm watching his comments right now. Incredible that Fox News is being a strong, responsible outlet (or at least one person there is). This is worth watching because Shepherd Smith has some very insightful things to say.

6. slc

slc Senior Member

Well they ain't so var many of us'n, Mizz Scarlett!

ginster, manesntails, loom and 2 others like this.
  7. slc

slc Senior Member

Alsosusieq2 likes this.
  8. slc

slc Senior Member

The press can't do anything. The courts are the last line of defense.

And I guarantee, Brobart will be broken for it. But he won't care.

When I heard of a trial to keep creationism out of science classes in public schools in PA, I was so amazed by the fearlessness of the judge that I contacted him.

I never met a better man.

And then there's us. We're the last line of defense, too. Right along with the courts.

Alsosusieq2 likes this.
  9. LoveJockeysYum

LoveJockeysYum Senior Member

Watched it! Couldn't believe how mAny times he tried to drag Hillary back into it blaming her and her supporters.

10. bellalou

bellalou Senior Member

I disagree. The press are essential for keeping the public informed. If the public are not informed, the courts are less likely to be involved because what brings these things to the courts tend to be public actions. The press are the ones who have the access to push for the answers to hard questions. Whether those questions are answered or not, there's something to be learned from the response. But without the questions, there's no information to act on.

Look at the travel ban. Within hours of its announcement, citizens were flocking to airports to protest and defend the rights of refugees and immigrants. It was that type of reaction that motivated lawsuits to block it. Lawyers have to have clients to bring suits and they don't operate in a vacuum.

I am proud to be a part of the legal community who have stood up and taken a leading role in pushing back. I agree that the courts have a huge role to play. But the press does too. The Founders recognized the importance of a free press. It's still relevant today.

Alsosusieq2 likes this.