Anyone of East Coast going to the VQHA show in March?

Discussion in 'Equestrian Events, Shows, Competitions' started by GotaDunQH, Jan 4, 2017.

1. GotaDunQH

GotaDunQH Senior Member

Hi guys...anyone here from the East Coast going to the Virginia QHA show at the end of March? This used to be the Spring Break Out show, then they held the VA Classic a couple weeks later in April. Now they have combined the show due to a big new show in OH in April, so VA gave up their April show date. We're heading down and it will be interesting to see the numbers at this show.

kodemiester and VermilionStrife like this.
  2. LoveTrail

LoveTrail Senior Member

Unfortunately looks like no members on this forum are going except for you.

Good luck to you and Roger!

GotaDunQH likes this.
  3. ZipAllied

ZipAllied Senior Member

@GotaDunQH, I won't be showing but I might be going w/friends. The Horse Center is a nice place to show. There is not much around in the way of restaurants/hotels but what is there is very accommodating to Show people.

I would love to see you and Roger.

RelaxMax and GotaDunQH like this.
  4. VermilionStrife

VermilionStrife Senior Member

Good luck! I live on the other coast and will be showing in Vegas and Spokane in April. ;) lol

5. LoveTrail

LoveTrail Senior Member

And hope to see you in Vegas!

6. VermilionStrife

That would be great! :) We will have to meet and have lunch or something!

Dream27 and LoveTrail like this.
  7. LoveTrail

LoveTrail Senior Member

Lots of restaurants to pick from at South Point. :D

VermilionStrife likes this.
  8. VermilionStrife

We already have our reservations for South Point!! :D I actually have a time share that is right across the street from South Point. We thought about staying there, but decided we wanted to be staying where my horse would be....since across the street in Vegas usually means a LOT of walking lol

I'm excited! I'll only be competing in English Events though. HUS, HSE and hopefully Hunter hack.

9. LoveTrail

LoveTrail Senior Member

Its more fun to actually be at the hotel where the horses are.

I show in two classes the first day so have to be there on Tuesday. Debating on the English. We don't show it often, plus AQHA has the youth in the other arena and I have been letting a youth show in my saddle at the shows. Though just looked at the rest of the schedule and it does allow for me to share my saddle. Previous years they had the same type of classes in each arena at the same time. It had caused some issues in the past with sharing horses, so sounds like they listened. Same with late check in of horses now they do the SMS and halter the first day so gives the riding people an extra day to ride before showing.

And I see they brought back Select Ranch Riding. Might do that instead of WP again. I can also show rookie in that class, unlike WP. Will need to show at show soon to see how we are now with it. Had some issues in the past because of his at the time undiagnosed hind gut ulcers which gave him a hitch that was noticeable at times in Ranch Riding especially in the extended trot. Either would get a negative for the trot since it wasn't pretty and even or if really bad a DQ.

I have three more shows before the Championships to try both English and Ranch Riding. And just looked at all three show bills and they added Select Ranch Riding for the first time.

VermilionStrife likes this.
  10. VermilionStrife

I don't show until Thursday I think, but I fly in Monday so I'll be there for the whole thing. :) I'll have to watch your classes! I debated on doing HMS, but my horse just isn't broke enough in it yet. Same for SMS. I placed 6th in Rookie at Region One, but he is just not a SMS horse. Too lazy. Hahahaha

I love watching the RR. Not many people did it at Region One this year though. I don't think they had any Youth either. I won't show until April. I have a show I think the weekend before Level 1 Championships. Kaniksu Classic in Spokane. That will be my test run, so hopefully it goes ok! :rofl: