Anyone have a Corgi?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by endurgirl, Jan 8, 2018.

1. ginster

ginster Senior Member

Quinn is deaf, right? Maybe he was frightened because he didn't hear them approaching?

Alsosusieq2 likes this.
  2. SparkleDust

SparkleDust Senior Member

My corgi is definitely not calm lol. True to a herding dog, he’s got a lot of energy. I don’t mind it—he is incredibly smart and listens well—but he likes to play, all the time. He doesn’t nip/herd anybody, he’s incredibly friendly, and he’s eager to please.

I love my corgi to bits. He’s fine around kids—he loves them—though we have to watch him to make sure he doesn’t get too excited and jump. Some corgis have a problem with nipping, too. But overall, I am very pleased with how my corgi behaves. :)

Alsosusieq2 likes this.
  3. endurgirl

endurgirl Senior Member

Well, a friend of a friend has some Corgis for sale. I asked her about them..... $1,500!!!!! For a dog!!! No ma'am, no way, nuh uh.

I could see and would consider $600, but $1,500??!! No .

Alsosusieq2 and ginster like this.
  4. ginster

ginster Senior Member

Maybe take a look at what your local pond/rescue has to offer? It isn´t uncommon for purebreds to land there with the mutts.
    And corgis are all the rage now so everyone and their brother gets them, without thinking of the needs the breed has...

Alsosusieq2 likes this.
  5. endurgirl

endurgirl Senior Member

I haven't been to the the pound, i admit. Only because i'll be brought home more than one dog and probably a few cats... :confused::eek::whistle::rolleyes:

I am on a cowboy corgi page on fb, ....which i want more than a purebred, and they're about $600. But i haven't seen the perfect one (color, sex, location) yet.

Alsosusieq2 likes this.
  6. txgray

txgray Senior Member

Mine came from a corgi rescue and is a purebred. I thought the $80 adoption fee was so ridiculously low that I gave them $150. There are rescues all over the place now, since corgis have gotten so popular and a lot of people have gotten them that shouldn't have.

Alsosusieq2, endurgirl and ginster like this.
  7. Circle C

Circle C Senior Member

They have weight issues (air ferns), and joint issues come with that. They also shed like a MOTHER!

endurgirl and Alsosusieq2 like this.
  8. emali06

emali06 Senior Member

yikes! That is a steep price. You can find one for much less. I see them for sale locally for 4-600. I just saw an Aussie/Corgi cross for sale LOL Those idiots were calling it an "Auggie"

endurgirl, Alsosusieq2 and mooselady like this.
  9. Alsosusieq2

Alsosusieq2 Senior Member

I love Corgis myself, the gifs of the pups will melt an iceberg. Didn't know they shed tons though. That new grooming glove would be a huge plus!! (y)

10. endurgirl

endurgirl Senior Member

In my search, there are all kinds of crosses and crazy names!!

ginster and Alsosusieq2 like this.