Anyone bought a horse from Marco Cifelli?

Discussion in 'Horse Chat' started by slc, Mar 4, 2018.

1. mooselady

mooselady Senior Member

Did you know that Marco Cifelli is really Formal Icicle.....

Not a lot of people know that

manesntails likes this.
  2. slc

slc Senior Member

He does not need to be great for what I'm looking for. Just honest.

3. slc

slc Senior Member

That doesn't sound good.

4. WTD

WTD Registered

just because one person says he drugs a horse , it means nothing. Ive known him for many years, have bought many many many lesson horses, and horses for clients from him, never had a bad one . someone probably got one bad one they loaded up on feed and didnt ride it for months and thought he drugged it because they couldn't get along with it.

manesntails likes this.
  5. Rachel1786

Rachel1786 Senior Member

Maybe, maybe not. All I know is that he's pretty local to me and there was a post in a group that had enough comments warning against buying a horse from him that the name stuck in my head. As I said, I have no personal experience with him. She asked if anyone had heard of him and I shared the only thing I have heard.

6. slc

slc Senior Member

I take your comment and hers with a large grain of salt. Just because you got good horses from him doesn't mean someone else will. Just because people are saying he drugs horses to get them sold doesn't mean he does - it could be a rival passing that sort of thing around. I know a lady who put it all around that a local guy competing with her for up-down lessons was a child molester. The horse world is full of bad talk and hustle. Some of it's true and some of it isn't. Most of the time one doesn't know and never finds out which version is true.

One thing I have learned a lot from is downplaying my experience and listening with a grin as I get told some pure double rectified bs about a horse.

It isn't always necessary to drug a horse, either.

The horse can be turned out in a group that chases him around for a couple days, turned out 24/7, he can be longed for hours or otherwise worked down. He can simply have water or feed withheld. If he's lame he can get light or no work for weeks so he's not sore. If he bites the seller can get after him really severely and he might not bite til the buyer gets him home.

I've looked at a lot of horses lately. I pretty much don't believe anything anyone says about any of them, lol.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2018
  7. WTD

WTD Registered

Then if your so picky about all the horses, probably none he has or anyone has would please you. as you said , a competitor could have been the ones saying bad things about him online. Its all drama...

manesntails likes this.
  8. slc

slc Senior Member

I am picky, LOL. I want something that is sound and won't kill me. I went to see one horse that just about immediately threw a professional breaker. That was the 'well broke' one. Actually that horse was breaking people. LOL.

9. WTD

WTD Registered

I just say if hes local, set up a time. might get a good horse. I know ive probably ggot 30-40 lesson horses, all are nicer than expected.

manesntails likes this.
  10. manesntails

manesntails Senior Member

There you go playing with words again~!!
    Mooselady is Say Loomed.
    Manesntails is Team n Snails

If you have a clue about horses and horsemen, you don't ASK other people ABOUT the horseman. You go and evaluate him and his stock.

What's the point of asking? You can't tell if THE HORSE you go to see is good or not by listening to “evaluations“ of the seller.

I have gotten REALLY good horses off sellers who had no clue and would tell you whatever they thought they needed to to get the horse sold.

So, how do you know who to trust? You trust YOURSELF to know horses, then go pick one.

Arem, foxtrot and mooselady like this.