Any Artists Out There Willing To Help Design a Tattoo?

Discussion in 'Forum Contests' started by DressageHorse, Aug 5, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. StarPattern

StarPattern Senior Member

Aaaaand to bring this back on track, so I don't look like a jerk.

I'm still in the process of finishing my sleeve off before I move onto my other leg - I'm thinking ocean wildlife on that one, to complement the Canadian mountain wilderness on my right leg. To the OP... be careful about getting those fade away type of tattoos. They'll look great for a while but without a definitive edge/line work, they'll be rather muddy and hard to see the detailing within a year or so.

2. Alsosusieq2

Alsosusieq2 Senior Member

:bow: very well said StarPattern. Youthful fevour should never turn into chastising others for such things. It happens tho.

3. manesntails

manesntails Senior Member

Kid's her age forget that when they come onto a public forum, they're not talking to their peers. They're talking to people who have lived 30. 40, or 50+ years longer than they have.

And if you've been taught to be Christian, the thing you need to remember, no matter where you go, is to ACT like one. We live in the USA. We have freedom of Religion. You practice yours, I practice mine, and you don't get to tell others to BE like you believe your religion tells YOU to be. If your Pastor is telling you to go out fishing for souls, then he's doing that, not for gawd but to make MONEY forrrrr,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,guess who? Himself.

Religion, or lack there of, is a personal choice. There are many more people who don't go to church who are 'really good people", in MY experience, than there are "good people" who do. Keep your religious beliefs to yourself, don't preach them to others, and stay ON TOPIC on threads and you won't get in trouble. Besides, at 14, I can say, a 14yo preaching to those way, way, older than themself is rather embarrassing for the 14yo. Don't you think?

4. mooselady

mooselady Senior Member

Amen to that sister (y)

Varisha and manesntails like this.
  5. Faster Horses

Faster Horses Senior Member

@Sky Cloud--I think it is pretty cool that you are passionate about being a Christian.

However, let me give you a little advice:

You don't need to be preaching all the time to be a good Christian. Show it in your actions, in your speech, in the way you can help people on this forum. Don't be mean, don't be nasty, be kind and helpful.

Then--if anyone ever asks you why you are so helpful, or maybe asks a question in OT about faith, you can be there. Shoot, I've prayed for a bunch of people on this forum, some of them may not even know that I did.

And, back on topic, I don't think I could get a tattoo. I'm far too much of a baby. :) Besides, I wouldn't be able to stick with one design.

6. StarPattern

StarPattern Senior Member

Westboro Baptist Church comes to mind here. They don't just go to church, they HAVE a church... and they're horrible human beings.

Oh wait, have I summoned them by saying their name? Do I have to say it three times for that to work, or perhaps while standing in front of a mirror in the dark? I always get confused when I'm summoning entities.

7. Circle C

Circle C Senior Member

I'm sorry, but this is the funniest thing I've seen all day :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Anyways... I have 2 and I am ready to get my 3rd, very soon. All of which are horse related.

8. foxtrot

foxtrot Senior Member

Here here. I am no longer religious but was raised a Christian and was always taught that if you are constantly publicly "witnessing" and preaching and lecturing people about God... you're doing it to glorify yourself and pat yourself on the back for being a good person. But unfortunately I know a lot of youth programs in churches absolutely drill into kids' heads that they need to be out there "speaking the word of God" to anyone and everyone.

Here's the interesting thing about religion. Everyone knows it exists. And when they're told they're wrong and going to hell and then the person starts to lecture them with all the words they've heard a trillion times before in their lives, they're going to shut down and roll their eyes and ignore it.

However, if you show through your actions rather than your words that you truly want to help someone, and if you make a difference in their lives, and also happen to be X religion, well... that can sway people.

To the original topic... I have zero objection to tattoos but I am the sort of person that changes things constantly. I get incredibly bored of things I once loved after a few months or years and need to change it up. I KNOW I'd get sick of a tattoo no matter how much I loved it when I got it. It's a shame because I've seen some designs I absolutely love lol.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.