Any Artists Out There Willing To Help Design a Tattoo?

Discussion in 'Forum Contests' started by DressageHorse, Aug 5, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rainbowaholic

Rainbowaholic Senior Member

Me too :)

2. AprilBride2012

AprilBride2012 Senior Member

I don't have it drawn out yet. I want a bullfrog sitting on a lily pad, and some reeds with a butterfly on it. My daughter's favorite song was "Bullfrogs and Butterflies" (now it's Twinkle Twinkle), and now I have my own little Bullfrog and Butterfly. The song is also a silly explanation for the gospel.

It means a lot to me. It's kind of goofy, but that's my personality. Not sure of what style I would want it in yet.

Charliemyheart, Arem, Varisha and 2 others like this.
  3. AprilBride2012

Before this, I wanted an american classic tattoo... a gothic cross with a red rose in the center.

Varisha and PureTrouble like this.
  4. PureTrouble

PureTrouble Senior Member

5. AprilBride2012

That is nice art!

6. AprilBride2012

I hadn't googled it in a while, googled it on a whim...this is super close to what I want. No blue background, tacky water splashing or dates, take out the dragonfly and add a brightly colored butterfly resting on the reeds, and probably a greener bullfrog. Maybe a smidge more realistic looking.

Dragonfly Lily Pad Water Frog Tattoo On Back - Tattoes Idea 2015 / 2016

mooselady and PureTrouble like this.
  7. PureTrouble

PureTrouble Senior Member

If you do get it, i cant wait to see it!

8. AprilBride2012

I've got a little while to go. I am near a tattoo artist that I like though. Placement is the other thing I'm thinking on. I think it should be somewhere I can hide (Kid's Pastor. Depending on the church culture, it could create issues that I don't want to deal with), he thinks I should own it.

I think I've narrowed it down to calf or thigh. My right thigh has a large scar on it, so it seems logical to me to make my other thigh pretty as well. But all the thigh tattoos I've seen look weird.

9. mooselady

mooselady Senior Member

I would love to do #2, maybe next year, this is what I would like..

[​IMG]

Just the JRT, on my calf......not sure how it would work out being so light

10. StarPattern

StarPattern Senior Member

There is only one creator... to you. Religion is all encompassing and is determined by the person and their own beliefs. Who are YOU to say that there is only one creator? This forum is comprised of multiple races, religions and nationalities. For you to say only the Creator exists is very offensive to those who believe in God or Buddha or Allah or any number of gods/deities.

That being said, any "god" worth his or her salt will not judge their "children" for choosing to mark their bodies as they see fit. I am very heavily tattooed and while I don't believe in any one god, I do believe that there is a higher power at work. Things happen because they are meant to happen. We are not punished for our choices, but we learn from them. Having tattoos will not determine where I end up in the afterlife. They don't make me a good or bad person. My personal actions and moral upbringing make me a good or bad person, not a god or creator.

I don't believe in religion or god, but you'll never see me come into a thread and denounce one's actions against the will of a creator. That is close minded, to say the very least. But when I was in Catholic school (I attended catholic programs from preschool to grade 11 and transferred in my final year to public), I was told to read the bible. Do you know that, in that entire story, there was no "rules" against tattoos. Historically, tattoos are a very religious and cultural thing. God says we should respect our bodies, but there is nothing in there to say we shouldn't adorn them. If that was the case, makeup, jewellery and hair dye would also be frowned upon, as well as any form of hair cuts or styles, because we weren't BORN that way. Clothing wouldn't be allowed, because we're not born into clothing and who are we to cover up the perfect work of art that God created?

I believe you should be very careful of how you word things in a forum, especially when concerning religion or politics. Those are very hot topics and can be perceived in so many different ways. From reading your replies, I have come to the conclusion that you truly look down on people who have chosen to adorn their bodies with artwork because it is against your creator's will. It's one thing to not tattoo or pierce your own body, but haven't you ever heard the saying, "If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all"?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.