Any Artists Out There Willing To Help Design a Tattoo?

Discussion in 'Forum Contests' started by DressageHorse, Aug 5, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DressageHorse

DressageHorse Senior Member

I have been struggling for nearly a year trying to decide what I want to get as a tattoo. I have a few ideas but none that I have said "YES this is the one!". I was scrolling through pinterest today and found this:

[​IMG]

And then started wondering, could this be turned into a horse tattoo because ultimately that is what I want. Then I did a bit of searching but this was the best I could come up with:

[​IMG]

I am looking for someone to help me turn the frog idea into a horsey type of tattoo. I'm looking for anyone who is willing to give it a try, to help inspire me with this one. I think this idea has a lot of potential but I'm having trouble coming up with how it will look on my own. I am fully capable of designing my own tattoo once I have in mind what I want, so I won't use whatever you come up with without tweaking it a bit myself, but I just need some help in terms of inspiration. Anyone willing to give it a go? I would prefer not to have the horse actually coming out of the "glass". I just want to make sure it still looks horsey. But I give free rein to anyone who wants to try, come up with whatever you can to inspire me, even if it's a super quick sketch!

Alsosusieq2 and manesntails like this.
  2. Bearley Smokin

Bearley Smokin Full Member

If you go into a tattoo shop (a reputable one of course) and explain to them what you want, they can probably make a sketch and collaborate with you

3. Abberlaze

Abberlaze Senior Member

I'd go talk to the artist - anyone who you trust permanently altering your body should have the skills to draw something like that for you from your description. It's an unusual style, so not all artists would be skilled at doing it. Looks cool, though!

Alsosusieq2 and Varisha like this.
  4. Donavans Fire

Donavans Fire Senior Member+

A good tattoo artist will be your best bet. Drawing on a tablet or with, say, colored pencils, is pretty different from ink and skin, especially for something like that.

5. mooselady

mooselady Senior Member

It took me a second to get the frog :p I'm agreeing with everyone else, take the pic to your artist of choice and see how they interpret it. I think it will look stunning if done by the right person

6. Donavans Fire

Donavans Fire Senior Member+

But horrific if done by the wrong one :p it'll be tricky for sure, wouldn't trust it to just anyone.

mooselady likes this.
  7. mooselady

mooselady Senior Member

I guess the same can be said for any ink, but agree the right artist will be critical here, do you have one in mind OP?

8. LonelyHorseless

LonelyHorseless Full Member

Definitely get a skilled artist familiar with tattoos to design your piece, it is something worth paying for.

9. Sky Cloud

Sky Cloud Senior Member

I don't believe in tattoos they are unnecessary.

10. mooselady

mooselady Senior Member

Lol, I believe in tattoos they exist, not questionable like Bigfoot or Unicorns!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.