Another controversial rescue case

Discussion in 'Horse Rescue / Adoption' started by Whoa, Sep 10, 2015.

1. Dona Worry

Dona Worry Senior Member

Hard to see much, but he LOOKS happy enough.

NaeNae likes this.
  2. ginster

ginster Senior Member

I can't silence the little voice in my head questioning why they would post a pic of poor quality.
    The head shot makes him look content enough though..

Trubandloki and NaeNae like this.
  3. NaeNae

NaeNae Senior Member

That's what is a bit frustrating to me....in this day and age everyone's camera phone has a pretty darn decent quality, why send and post this? But...I guess he is happy enough. I have personally dealt with the vet clinic that cares for him and they seem honorable enough so hopefully all really is well.

Dona Worry, mooselady and ginster like this.
  4. equinitis

equinitis Senior Member

He certainly looks better now than in the beginning. Like others, I would not have gone to these lengths to keep him breathing but I cannot really argue with the photos. He looks healthy and does not look like an equine having chronic pain to any severe degree.

I don't think comparing human amputees to equines is an accurate comparison. One of the reasons I sometimes struggle with treatment for my animals is that I cannot explain to them I am trying to help them by hurting them more. If I cannot be all but positive of a good outcome, I will not subject an animal to extensive treatment or therapy that is guaranteed to be painful for them. It is unfortunate humans are not permitted to make these decisions for themselves when they are consenting adults in full charge of their reasoning.

NaeNae and ginster like this.