Another controversial rescue case

Discussion in 'Horse Rescue / Adoption' started by Whoa, Sep 10, 2015.

1. slc

slc Senior Member

I think repeated infection, pressure and death of the tissue could be responsible for that.

2. secuono

secuono Senior Member

Anyone know if the new owners gave a more recent update or are they still wanting to be disconnected with the internet madness that happened?

3. Whoa

Whoa Senior Member

Clip from their FB page:
    Short and sweet... if the arrangements that are in the works and seem likely to fall into place for some of the groups of our Hallelujah Horses do work out, we'll have about 20 +/- horses left to place. If some of the bigger numbers don't get placed in these special homes we're working on, the number will be about 60+/- horses left to place. Cross your fingers, everyone. Every possible effort is being made to get these horses into good, safe homes asap!

So all in all I give them a thumbs up for getting these horses into homes: 900 horses was no easy task.
    They are also hosting a training/information day(s) on how to work with and care for your adopted horse. They moved all the horses to Colorado in the early Spring. The page is Hallelujah horses.

The woman who had these horses (ISPBM?) in South Dakota was allowed to keep some and reports are the mares have all had their foals and they are hoping she kept the stallions separated, but who knows.

CoffeeBean likes this.
  4. CoffeeBean

CoffeeBean Senior Member

She's permitted a maximum of 40 horses. The mares foaled. I hope that she's found people to take in the foals and mares and ceases breeding or it's going to be another mess shortly.

I'm not including the link but this is not a good start to the cold weather. She just doesn't learn, does she?

October 13 (2017)
    Foal Fridays!

We already have snow on the ground here but ....and we need more hay.

We found alfalfa - a third cutting from one of our suppliers. The bales are weighing 1700 pounds and the cost will be $185/ton which is fantastic! This is dairy quality hay.

The total cost for 40 bales is $6,290 delivered!

If you have responded to our previous call for support, THANK YOU! We are most grateful.

If you have not given yet, please don't delay. This is our best shot at stocking our barn with winter hay ... before the first snow and before prices soar even higher!

Your gift in any amount is deeply appreciated.

Please send us your gift today.

With Gratitude!

Saving America's Mustangs and Burros Since 1960.
    Learn more ... The ISPMB Legacy

5. CoffeeBean

CoffeeBean Senior Member

*headdesk*

I clicked on one of the mobile photos and I spotted a pregnant mare.

6. D_BaldStockings

D_BaldStockings Senior Member

Well, nothing loosens the purse strings like foals/pregnant moms without food.
    -Because, yanno, they NEED to breed these rare, speshul genetics. And they MUST breed every possible year. Because, because, HERITAGE, and MISSION IN LIFE and CAREING.
    Ugh.

No human adult is stupid enough to keep doing this year by year.
    Serious denial/savior/hero issues there.
    You just can't leave the child alone with the bag of cookies.

So sad for the horses.

7. CoffeeBean

CoffeeBean Senior Member

I wish that were true.

8. Dona Worry

Dona Worry Senior Member

I thought this thread was about the horse with an amputated hoof?

9. CoffeeBean

CoffeeBean Senior Member

It is - I was tired and confused when I wrote it. By the time someone asked, it was too late to edit or remove it. I did start a new thread about ISPMB.

I also hope whoever did take in Caleb either has him properly fitted and cared for, or had him destroyed.