1. JOIN the world's largest horse forum! Chat and learn from other experts about horse training, breeding, health, showing, riding, contests and use our free horse classifieds. Register Here

Another controversial rescue case

Discussion in 'Horse Rescue / Adoption' started by Whoa, Sep 10, 2015.

1. Whoa

Whoa Senior Member

2. dallasbarnone

dallasbarnone Senior Member

OMG... they should be put down asap, this is totally WRONG, and i didnt read the story, but the photo... never would i put my horse though that hell just to say i "saved"her.. how sick.

3. emali06

emali06 Senior Member

Links not working for me.

I would euthanize as well. I don't know why People want to put money into a horse that will have little quality of life other than a gimpy pasture pet. They could actually save useful horses with all that money.

Arem, shitzuinpa and PleasantNights like this.
  4. PleasantNights

PleasantNights Senior Member

Oh, wow... Another who would have put it down. It's about quality of life. If it can't be a horse and do what horses do, it should be put down and not have to suffer.

CrazyHorse, D_BaldStockings and Arem like this.
  5. dallasbarnone

dallasbarnone Senior Member

its a mustang, and its skin and bones, when i posted that its disgusting to make a horse suffer like that- she deleted and blocked me, shes no different than monica thors, sick, and its all about HER , not the horse- it apparently got caught in trap, makes me sick to think about it.. its about about herself, and how many pats on the back she can get.

6. JStorry

JStorry Senior Member

Muppetgirl, D_BaldStockings and Arem like this.
  7. uncanny580

uncanny580 Senior Member

I had an animal lover (extreme) friend post this on facebook yesterday and someone commented on it something along the lines of putting it down, this was cruel (comments were deleted) and the friend went on this big long rant about how we shoulnd't have total control etc.

Why not? This horse will have no quality of life if it lives through this. Mother nature is the ultimate decider, and this horse was clearly not going to make it without human intervention.

How do they even know this is a Mustang, someone could have done this to their own horse and dumped it!

I really think this horse should be pts.

8. FaeriesFaith

FaeriesFaith Senior Member

I'm with everyone else. Put the poor thing down. Sadly they're serious about trying to save him, they have a clinic on board with doing the surgery to complete the amputation and prep for a prosthetic. Sadly one of the more well known clinics in Alberta. They somehow got a halter on him, made that poor thing make a 5 mile/5 hour hike out of the bush in the cold, some how got him onto their trailer, a blanket put on him and so on and so forth. I think this creature was already so close to death he just allowed it all to happen. Scared but to close to death to really do anything about it.

Arem and JStorry like this.
  9. bellalou

bellalou Senior Member

What bothers me the most about things like this (after the suffering of the animal of course) is the expectation that other people will pay for it. "Look at me, I'm such a wonderful person, rescuing this poor animal - give me money so I can do it!"

Um.... what?

Marla G, Deshka, DunsNPallys and 10 others like this.
  10. Ms_Pigeon

Ms_Pigeon Senior Member

I usually just roll my eyes at unreasonable rescues, but this? Oh, man.

If they had tracked him down to euthanize him, I'd give them a standing ovation. That's what a true horse lover who wanted to go above and beyond might have done: give this poor animal some peace.

I read the gofundme link: they're also inviting members of the public in to visit with him. I'm sure he needs THAT additional stress at this point...:cautious: