Annoying Family Members that Need to Be Hit In the Face. With a Brick. Repeatedly.

Discussion in 'Horse Chat' started by Touch the Sky, Feb 13, 2018.

1. Arem

Arem Senior Member

She probably did, too.
    She spent her life working in male dominated fields and, if I recall correctly, she is not a large woman. She probably had to learn pretty quickly to let things just roll right off. And I’m sure no one coddled her through it, either. Sink or swim. I guess she swam. :p

Binca, NaeNae, Faster Horses and 2 others like this.
  2. manesntails

manesntails Senior Member

Hey, Only YOU can control how you react.
    When you show other people where your goat is, and then they come and get it, you have no reason to complain.
    If ya get my drift.

Arem and ginster like this.
  3. mooselady

mooselady Senior Member

Go all Southern on him

"well bless your heart Gary, aint you so sweet, those are very interesting thoughts, thank you so much for sharing"

Arem, GONE ROPING, ginster and 2 others like this.
  4. slc

slc Senior Member

No, in fact YOU ruined your entire day, and several subsequent days, over stupid comments that really don't matter and you're STILL upset.

And.....You're still doing exactly the same things with your horse, if you would take a moment to notice. So who gives a poo what Uncle Ralph says?

This is one of those cases where you really can decide not to be upset about what some meaningless person said who has absolutely no control over anything you do.

5. ChestersMomma

ChestersMomma Senior Moderator Staff Member

I think that's a good approach. Sugar sweet. "Oh thaaank you soooo much! I can't tell you really care about me!"

OR

Uncle Gary walks in. You rush over like it's an emergency. Talk loudly so as to draw some attention.
    "UNCLE GARY UNCLE GARY... phew... glad you're here. I've been waiting for you to give me the lowdown on what I'm doing wrong so I can get that out of the way and enjoy myself the rest of the day. So lay it on me... I'm ready "
    STARE.

Puddincup, Binca, mkoktavy and 4 others like this.
  6. CJ

CJ Senior Member

Sometimes the better part of valor is a calculated retreat.
    Ive gone a few rounds with someone who Will Not let It Go about being under employed/ educated/ achieving.. and at that point when they start the windup at all, I actually say "Weve discussed this, and I am not getting into it with you again." and walk away.
    Some people just like the contention, or to hear their own opinion aired and debated. Some people make themselves feel Better by making others feel Small. To not have an audience or adversary effectively quells all of it.
    State or stake a line in the sand and "exit stage-left" imo. Enjoy the rest of the party/ company and avoid the acerbic wall flower.

Touch the Sky and manesntails like this.
  7. ginster

ginster Senior Member

Oh, I completely agree. But it is a work in progress for a lot of us.

Arem and ChestersMomma like this.
  8. manesntails

manesntails Senior Member

Just replay my voice telling you: “Do they sign your paycheck?“ If the answer is no, then their opinion is irrelevant.

That was my Grandmother's answer to unsolicited criticism.

NaeNae, Binca, ginster and 3 others like this.
  9. Arem

Arem Senior Member

I love it! :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Alsosusieq2 and ChestersMomma like this.
  10. endurgirl

endurgirl Senior Member

You need to work on your resting 'b' face. And stare at him while he's talking, check your phone or watch, sigh, etc. Don't let him get to you.

Or just picture him naked and laugh in his face. :rofl: