An Epiphany today

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by RG NIGHT HEIR, Dec 6, 2018.

1. RG NIGHT HEIR

RG NIGHT HEIR Senior Member

Its Thursday, I'm driving to work extra early due to rain.Thursdays are usually crazy days at work.No time for bath room breaks etc.
    As I'm driving I was thinking," Let's just get this day over with"
    All of the sudden my mind goes: What is wrong with you.Be grateful you have this day today,you don't know if you have tomorrow.
    My reminder that we only have this very moment and nothing more.Live this moment and cherish it wholeheartedly.
    Sign of midlife crisis??

2. NaeNae

NaeNae Senior Member

Naw, not midlife crisis. Just remembering that no one is guaranteed anything in life so live it whole-y. I'd say that's the opposite of a midlife crisis. :love:

RG NIGHT HEIR likes this.
  3. ginster

ginster Senior Member

Wouldn´t call that midlife crisis either.
    Epiphany sums it up nicely.
    My brother was diagnosed with a form of chronic leukemia in 2001 and after an ordeal he is taking meds that are pretty new (so no info on long time consequences) and is considered healthy right now.
    We were talking about a person who "died too soon" and his response back then kinda floored me. "You do not get a guaranteed amount of years to live your life. It can be over any second."
    I think it´s good to take the time to let it sink in that, regardless of what is going on with your life, you (general you) can be very grateful that you *have* this life to live. In good health, if you´re really lucky.

RG NIGHT HEIR likes this.