American Idol

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by endurgirl, Apr 15, 2018.

1. endurgirl

endurgirl Senior Member

Is anyone watching this year?

I flip back and forth now that they've selected the top 24. I'm just not a fan of watching someone sing. Don't care for concerts , or watch music awards shows, etc.

No top pick yet... my favorite didn't make it to top 24. :rofl:

Oh, and Luke Bryan is smexy. ;)

2. Alsosusieq2

Alsosusieq2 Senior Member

I'm watching it tonight, but I've not followed it from day one. Not real keen on these shows in a way, but they're sure entertaining.

3. emali06

emali06 Senior Member

I watch occasional Youtube videos but I'm not really following it.

4. Bakkir

Bakkir Senior Member

I started watching it. Some good singers this year. I liked the last show I saw where the contestants were paired with pros.

5. Jim_in_PA

Jim_in_PA Senior Moderator Staff Member

Yes, watching and enjoying it. The talent is really high this year and I don't envy the judges who have had to cull the top 24 to the top 14 these past two weeks. It's going to be a tough competition going forward as the judges step back and the viewers take over the voting.

paval likes this.
  6. manesntails

manesntails Senior Member

I LOVE the nerdy girl Cathi~!!
    She could be the next Lady GaGa.

My pic to win~!!

I hate watching the initial interviews and preliminary contestants. I don' t think people's personal background issues should be part of the show. It should be 100% based on talent.

And someone needs to help the drag queen with make up~!! She has an Excellent voice, but her face was five shades darker complected than the rest of her. Very distracting to me.

The kid who habitually raises one eyebrow annoys me~!!

7. Jim_in_PA

Jim_in_PA Senior Moderator Staff Member

Four "locals" made it into the top 14. So now the rest of us get to vote and the first iteration will be brutal...4 go home after the first live shows next weekend.

The level of talent this year is pretty incredible and I really do feel sad for the 10 folks who didn't make the final "judge cut" over the past two weeks. All of them are pretty good. But as we mentioned last night, there are a lot of folks who try out for the show, don't make it and then go on to be "big stuff" in the industry. Two of them were duet partners last night as a matter of fact!

manesntails likes this.
  8. OldGreyMare

OldGreyMare Senior Member

Never could get into this show....but I know a lot of people do watch it and enjoy it