Amazon Gift Wrapping RIP OFF!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by phoenixfyre71, Dec 7, 2009.

1. phoenixfyre71

phoenixfyre71 Senior Member+

Beware Amazon shoppers. My man paid an extra $4 for gift wrapping from Amazon and it came in a stinking PILLOWCASE with a draw string. $4 for a pillowcase!!!!!!!!!!:flaming::flaming::flaming: How hard is it to WRAP A BOX PEOPLE???!!:flaming: We are so mad...turns out he paid extra for all the gifts to come in "gift wrap". Thanks Amazon...you cheap, lazy gits (insert much better word here)

[​IMG]

2. FrostyFilly

FrostyFilly Full Member

Ahhh, that sucks. Amazon isn't what it used to be. I bought a "new" book off amazon once and it came with a huge coffee stain on it. It was a christmas gift! Sheesh!

3. imjustjoking22

imjustjoking22 Senior Member+

Was it amazon themselves or simply someone listing their book on there? Because the two are quite different...
    About your wrapping, I actually don't think it looks bad :eek: Would it have been better to pay $4 for wrapping paper? You could probably call them and get your money refunded if you're unhappy.

4. Fox Glove

Fox Glove Senior Member+

They really should specify, this will come in a fabric gift bag :)

This year, just about everything I am giving is going into a Yakety Sak, I am so in love with these, and watching people open one is PRICELESS.. They cost around four dollars, but will put a smile on your face, and the person getting the gift as well!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJTARk13zxY"]YouTube- Yakety Saks[/ame]

5. phoenixfyre71

oh we are def going to file a complaint. There is no excuse to ship a box in a pillowcase. The whole point of paying for it to come wrapped was to keep me from seeing it. A pillowcase not only doesnt hide well...it would just be begging for my dogs to play with the string. The only up side....I am going to use it to put a blanket in that wouldn't fit well in a gift bag

6. xlilxonex

xlilxonex Banned

If they didn't specify what it was wrapped in you have no grounds for a complaint imo.

From: http://www.amazon.com/gp/gift-central/help/gift-wrap

So no, you have no reason for a complaint.... sorry it wasn't what you wanted but they were within their rights.

7. hueysgirl

hueysgirl Senior Member

I think it's cute:eek:

And it does say that specific items, which cannot be boxed or wrapped, will be put into a "cloth" bag.

I like the idea. It reminds me of Santa's silk toy bag:wink:

8. phoenixfyre71

Because of their size or shape, some items can't be wrapped in paper or a box -- so we'll send them in a reusable, festive cloth gift bag.

it was a regular sized BOX. Not much bigger than a box like the Painted ponys come in...so yes, I can complain. There is no reason it could not have been wrapped in paper

9. xlilxonex

xlilxonex Banned

They never say they will always USE a box unless it's to big...

10. gaitedrocky

gaitedrocky Senior Member+

Ive ordered from amazon quite abit and have never had a problem with them. Actually I just ordered some books from them and am awaiting for them to come. Everything I've ever ordered was exactly as described and undamaged, brand new in the box. So.. I dont know..

But yeah, if the gift wrapping quote was as follows, like the above poster said then there isnt really anything you can do. It stated it clearly that if an item was too big it would be put in a bag. Apparently yours was...