AGHHHHHH and other expletives

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by mooselady, Apr 11, 2018.

1. Bakkir

Bakkir Senior Member

Get it done. That way you will be able to enjoy the wedding.

2. mooselady

mooselady Senior Member

Also waiting to get confirmation on surgeons recommended ‘no fly’ window. There are greater risks of clots post TKR l’m told, hard to get a consensus of when it is safe to do a long haul.

Circle C likes this.
  3. Circle C

Circle C Senior Member

Pretty much plan on 3 months of healing if there are no complications.

mooselady likes this.
  4. Compadre

Compadre Senior Member

Your life will never have a conveniently empty hole in it where something like a knee replacement would fit. Maybe your next six month goals take a hit, but your next one, two, five year goals etc get a huge boost by having a body that works.

Go ahead and do it.

Are you flying for the wedding you're going to? I'm pretty sure you could work something out. 2 months is a little shorter than the recommended window, but as long as you take the usual precautions (stand up often, walk around a bit as frequently as possible) you should be good.

If your doctor was still worried about your level of risk at that point, it probably wouldn't be beyond the pale to send you with a short acting anti thrombotic like Lovenox, which you could take before going to the airport and should wear off in 12-24hrs.

5. bobo and horses

bobo and horses Senior Member

I had the surgery on December 6, thinking I would be all recovered before Christmas - NOT! It was near the end of February, like the 3rd week before I got back in the saddle, and then just walking for a while.

Do all the exercises, and if they give you some to do before surgery, do those, too. Don’t miss therapy, the first few were hard.

There was a reason for choosing December 6th. Hunting season was over, most of the horse shows were on sorta a winter break, a grand baby was due last week of Feb. and it was already winter, so no nice weather to miss. Husband also made me the large, high mounting block, so I just had to swing my leg over, no twisting or bending it weirdly to mount.

Circle C and mooselady like this.
  6. mooselady

mooselady Senior Member

Well more expletives, got thrown another coming complication this morning.....

My brain hurts....

7. bobo and horses

bobo and horses Senior Member

What is the complication, dear Moosie, dear Moosie?

mooselady likes this.
  8. emali06

emali06 Senior Member

DOOOOOO it! A 70 something woman I ride with had her knee replaced last year. Shes SO MUCH better now. No more hobbling around and riding in pain. Her recovery was super quick and smooth.

9. mooselady

mooselady Senior Member

We have a solution...and it is not being done next month, it will be done in the fall...I feel like a weight has been taken off me, now we can get the new house sorted out, clean up the place here, such a busy summer ahead. When I found out how we could arrange this, it just felt so good...

10. Jim_in_PA

Jim_in_PA Senior Moderator Staff Member

TAKE the appointment...recovery from this surgery is generally pretty rapid and you'll be fine for a lot of what you want to accomplish.

Edit...saw you have a workable alternative plan. That's kewel!

mooselady likes this.