AGHHHHHH and other expletives

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by mooselady, Apr 11, 2018.

1. mooselady

mooselady Senior Member

I am on the list for a knee replacement...when I was put on the list back in November I was told it would be an 8 - 10 month wait...Well OK, it is what it is....so I organize my life to deal with that wait...

This morning I get a call, we've got a date for you, 9th May :eek: Hang on, that's only 6 months, I'm not ready, emotionally, physically or in any way you can think of..

We close on a house May 1st, the intention is to renovate that during the summer, as well as clear up at the old yard here.

Then there is flying back to the UK for a wedding.

Not to mention that I would miss some shows.....AGHH.

Now with the system here I can turn down an appointment, but I was told if I do I will be offered another appointment in July..which I 100% cannot do, because of wedding. If I refuse 2 offers then they will drop me off the list and I start again.

Buggrit millenium hand and shrimp....I WANT my op in October.....*sigh* I have to decide what to do by Friday and I am so conflicted over it....

2. manesntails

manesntails Senior Member

Juuuuuuust do it.

ibsammy, Ms_Pigeon, DelP and 2 others like this.
  3. ginster

ginster Senior Member

Moosey, you are in pain. The posts on here show that.
    The timing is less than ideal, I get that but: do it. My mother is getting a new knee in June and she can´t wait for it. She, similar to you, is in constant pain..
    Make a pro and con list and more importantly: ask yourself if you can wait another 6 to 9 months until you get another date for the surgery...

4. mooselady

mooselady Senior Member

I know, I know, but I think I can manage it for a while...

Darn it all, I have just paid my upgrade fee to be a Prairie Cup competitor in the Province..I am actually riding the best that I have...I guess I am scared that this is my year...if I miss out on a chunk of it, can I get it back...

*SIGH* I just wanted to have a good shot this year, then if the replacement is one of the teeny tiny number that go wrong, I could at least say "I did it"

ginster likes this.
  5. Pirate

Pirate Senior Member

Get it done get it over with.
    My old boss ended up only getting a few days notice, poor sod had to organise everything and missed his 2 favourite horses racing that weekend.

mooselady and manesntails like this.
  6. bobo and horses

bobo and horses Senior Member

MOoselady, you may remember I talked about the fact I had I knee replaced about three years ago now. I don’t regret it, but I had a choice of when it should happen. Two days in hospital and about . 10weeks of physical therapy, three times a week. Luckily, we have great insurance and don’t need Medicare, except for the actual surgery/hospital stay.

Hard therapy, walking first with a walker, then a cane. But, now my surgical knee is 100% better than my nonsurgical knee.

It is worth it, but nothing I am in a hurry to do again, and it needs doing.

mooselady and endurgirl like this.
  7. Circle C

Circle C Senior Member

Just do it. You'll say, "I don't know why I waited" afterwards like the patients in my office (Ortho). lol

mooselady likes this.
  8. mooselady

mooselady Senior Member

How much of the show season am I going to miss? When can I get back in the saddle, how long to get back to ‘show ready?’

9. bellalou

bellalou Senior Member

How much better will you be able to ride with a knee that actually works? Just do it, Moosey. Get it done. There are no guarantees on time and 6 months is only 2 away from 8. It's never going to be perfectly convenient because there are always things going on.

I'd just bite the bullet and do it.

10. mooselady

mooselady Senior Member

Sense you talk @bellalou

But.......

I don’t know.....got a call in to the surgeon to get his input and thoughts.....don’t know if he will get back to me or not...

bellalou likes this.