Ace Update

Discussion in 'Horse Chat' started by Serenity06, Dec 6, 2014.

1. Serenity06

Serenity06 Senior Member

Ace is doing great! Turned 2yrs old in June and had 3 rides in November. Then between the weather and life we haven't been able to do too much. Here's some pics and of course one of Ren!

ETA: The pic of Ren and Ace together was taken this summer. All the others are more recent.

Attached Files:

2. wpgrider

wpgrider Senior Member

He came out pretty good! Thanks for the update, I was wondering how he was doing :)

1 person likes this.
  3. Serenity06

Serenity06 Senior Member

Some pics didn't upload...

Attached Files:

Varisha likes this.
  4. hollysjubilee

hollysjubilee Senior Member+

Always a great feeling when we get a horse started well :tiphat:. . . Congrats to both of you. Hope the weather cooperates and you'll be able to progress as needed through the winter months.

1 person likes this.
  5. Serenity06

Serenity06 Senior Member

Thank you! I'm not in too big of a rush since he is a late baby. I love working wit him though! He is by far one of the calmest and smartest babies I've worked with. When he picks something up he has it from there on out. He can sit for weeks and pick up right where you left off without any funny business. I sure hope that holds true to riding as well :)

6. Serenity06

Serenity06 Senior Member

Figured I would just add these on here and keep this thread his update thread. My sister took the pics from the porch that's why they are so far away. Due to all the harsh winter, life, and lack of daylight Ace being ridden was put on the back burner. Finally got to riding him again and then I sustained deep tissue muscle damage in my back. That healed, started riding him again and the constant month long rain and recent river flooding started.

Today we were FINALLY rain free so I rode Ace. After a month off Ace rode better today then he did the last time I rode him! No silliness, no baby antics. Completely focused and willing! I can NOT say enough good things about this Howelling Corona baby! Ace will officially be 3yrs old June 4th!

Attached Files:

ibsammy, VermilionStrife and foxtrot like this.
  7. VermilionStrife

VermilionStrife Senior Member

He's cute!! :) Looks like he is a sweet boy

Serenity06 likes this.
  8. Serenity06

Serenity06 Senior Member

Photos are in order from oldest to newest. Ace is doing great. Increased his training after turning 4yrs old in June. He is now loping a pretty nice barrel pattern and over all rides around like an old broke gelding. Occasionally he remembers he's a youngster. Lol. Serenity and Ace are pretty attached to one another, doesn't matter how long they are kept apart, so his hauling partner is now a bay roan pony gelding I co-own with my mother. I was hauling Ren and Ace to barrel races and running Ren but my health has declined and I can not handle her shorter, choppier strides. So my focus is on Ace. Was hauling him alone and he does great but the pony needs exposure so he now has a hauling partner.

Attached Files:

9. Dona Worry

Dona Worry Senior Member

I am new here, but I am glad he is working out so well! He has a nice face, bet he is a sweetie!

Serenity06 likes this.
  10. Serenity06

Serenity06 Senior Member

Welcome to the forum!

Ace is a 2012 foal from one of the other board members (Checota) race stallion, Howelling Corona. Ace's life is pretty well documented on here :)

ginster likes this.