A Few *Wild* Projects [Pics]

Discussion in 'Horse Chat' started by SparkleDust, Jul 14, 2017.

1. manesntails

manesntails Senior Member

Take that sorrel with the blonde mane and tail before anyone else has a chance to claim him.

Boss hoss, smart, and built with a great strong back and wither~!!

I'd say he's Scandalously nice~!!

2. SparkleDust

SparkleDust Senior Member

I'm the one who picked him out ;) I would like one I can break to ride though, and it's going to be a good year or more before he can be ridden.

He's going to make a good horse though!

manesntails likes this.
  3. SparkleDust

All three have been adopted! :D

I have received the honor of giving lessons to 3 of our new students. They will be training the babies under my and my boss' supervision.

All three babies will go to their new homes by the end of the month. By then, they will accept a halter, lead rope, load/unload from trailer, and pick up their feet.

I forgot to grab photos of them! :(

I did get pictures of some of our other residents though!

I worked on Smokey today. My goodness, he was feeling feisty. Wanted to get my first ride in on him, but we ended up going all the way back to the basics. Oh well, we both still learned a lot. My boss showed me a new trick and Smokey learned he can't outfox us ;)

I also visited all the permanent residents. :D

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Oh, and more exciting news—I officially committed to buying a mustang. My bosses are coming with me to help pick out my new mustang sometime within the next few months. :)

4. Fire Chik

Fire Chik Senior Member

What facility do you pick them up from?
    I have a cute little 3 year old mare from Canon City last August, haven't gotten a lot done with her this summer other than plenty of attention and getting her feet done every 8 weeks, been busy helping my dad move. She is a total sweetheart and the first one in from the pasture in the morning when I bring the horses in. I'm looking forward to starting her this fall :)

5. lucky_pine

lucky_pine Senior Member

Your blue roan is actually a bay roan ;)

Alsosusieq2 likes this.
  6. SparkleDust

We go to the Ewing facility. Our mustangs are sweethearts. After they get used to you, they love attention. :)

Ah, you know what, you're right. Thanks for pointing that out. He's a very pretty boy either way :)

Last edited: Jul 20, 2017 at 12:48 PM
    Alsosusieq2 likes this.
  7. SparkleDust

A few more pictures! We got to touch all three colts today! :) Cochise gave us a bit of a challenge!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

There's a more in-depth description of the day in my blog if anyone's interested in more information. :)

Alsosusieq2 likes this.