1. JOIN the world's largest horse forum! Chat and learn from other experts about horse training, breeding, health, showing, riding, contests and use our free horse classifieds. Register Here

A Dressage Corner

Discussion in 'Blogs (Horse Forum)' started by Alsosusieq2, Feb 16, 2017.

1. Alsosusieq2

Alsosusieq2 Senior Member

I thought it was time to have an area for those interested in dressage to be able to chat. I'm sure there's quite a few that'd like to discuss some issues and keep a running thread going.

I'm only starting this, I'm too rusty to remember the things I've forgotten..so I'll defer to others knowledge. I hope to get a good read out of this and hope you do also.

Nu5ha likes this.
  2. Alsosusieq2

It's not new news but fairly recent, formal top hats are going by the wayside in lieu of protective headgear. I'm kind of surprised it wasn't done sooner but old traditions die hard. I'll miss the beauty, but safety trumps beauty. Doesn't affect me, I don't compete. I haven't heard any scuttlebutt, I figure most are fine with it. It sure is going to be different.

3. SparkleDust

SparkleDust Senior Member

I actually prefer helmets to top hats. Maybe it's because I only got into the dressage world a couple years ago, so that's what I'm used to, but I think top hats look a bit tacky. On me, anyway :p

Sky Cloud and Alsosusieq2 like this.
  4. Alsosusieq2

I should have prefaced it being required at upper level competitions. I don't remember the exact specifications. It's part of the beauty of it to me, but I think it's a good thing.

Sky Cloud likes this.