50th Anniversary Textan

Discussion in 'Tack & Equipment' started by Ina Hastings, Aug 3, 2017.

1. Ina Hastings

Ina Hastings Registered

I Have a really nice 50th Anniversary Textan herford with it's oringal back cinch. The Saddle was made in 1969. I have had this saddle for a five years. I really love it. and feel its an awesome piece of American saddle History. I do not ride it but on special occasions. ( Fine ride). Should I insure it? If I were to insure it how would I go about getting a value (if it has any.) I was told by a few people that it's pretty rare to have survived in it's condition with the horn cap. Which it's historical value is what I am really interested in. I have tried to research it and have only seen one. but the horn cap was missing. I wish I knew how many were made. Please post any thoughts or advise you may have. I will post a few pics. I also have a beautiful Southern Saddlary saddle made in the sixty's .it was made in Chattanooga TN. where the company was located untill the 80s when they went out of business. from what I understand they made saddles for the u.s calvary military , from the late 1800s untill the late 40s _ 50s. I will post a photo of it also. very highly carved pretty workman ship. It has the oringal matching head stall and breast collar and back girth. It has Southern Saddlary stamped on the saddle tag. If you have any more info on it or the Saddlary I would love to hear about it. Really want to preserve these saddles. their back grounds as well as craftsman ship in my opinion have cool Americana historical value.

Attached Files:

2. Kappa

Kappa Senior Member

I'm not sure about your question, but I love the tooling on that! It's looks so nice oiled up. Beautiful!

Ina Hastings likes this.
  3. Ina Hastings

Ina Hastings Registered

Thank you these pics are kinda dark except the one on the horse. They stay in the house and get cleaned and oiled a few times a year.