3 free horses to good home only...

Discussion in 'Horse Rescue / Adoption' started by Chumley01, Sep 17, 2009.

1. Chumley01

Chumley01 Full Member

OK, I got a call last night from a woman who has three horses she needs placed ASAP. She said she was going through a divorce and was planning on heading down to Arkasas to stay with her cousin. But, in the meantime her Cancer has resurfaced and now she has to take treatments again. Life is just getting too much for her. She said she is too weak to take care of her horses now.

The horses are located in N. Illinois. I called a friend who has a rescue and (because they are in good weight) she cannot take them as she is full up at this time. I know one is a two year old, the other two are slightly older than that. (maybe five or so) She has done work with them the two older ones have had saddles on but have not been ridden. The two year old just leads. None have papers. They are good sized. I went over and saw them last night. They just need a good home...anyone out there that could use these guys?? She is heartbroken. Thanks!!!

2. Equine747

Equine747 Senior Member+

Could you post photos for everyone to see? that may help find them a home faster :)

3. Chumley01

Chumley01 Full Member

I will if I can get some.

4. RebelMoon

RebelMoon Senior Member

Just wanted to say good luck!

5. mftx4

mftx4 Senior Member+

http://www.blueridgerescue.org/

Try these guys. They are in eastern Iowa. They're very good about placing their horses in very good homes. They take as much time as it needs to get them in a good home.

6. stichd

stichd Registered

Hi Im a disable Army Vet I have M.S. but I can still walk and ride . I have a small farm near Muscatine , Ia . I would give them a loveing home ( are they calm ? ) and
    they would have a large stall to go in during winter to get out of the weather. You can reach me at 563-263-5051 or 563-263-5051 after six pm ask for Dan
    I do have a large 2 horse trailor. Thankyou and Im sorry to hear of your divoice

skysthelimit likes this.
  7. skysthelimit

skysthelimit Senior Member+

I hope they find the homes they need! Stichd, I sure hope you can take them in; it sounds like an ideal set up. Best of luck to everyone!!!

8. mftx4

mftx4 Senior Member+

I'm sure they have been placed by now. The thread is from 09.

9. skysthelimit

skysthelimit Senior Member+

I didn't even notice that. hahahaha!

10. newyork28470

newyork28470 Registered

would love to take all that you want to let go my name is mikey i have 1 horse now she is my world and my daughter and wife want one as well so we can all ride together we have 3 acres fenced in and over 500 acres to ride so they would get a real good home my number is 910 209 0021 or the house is 910 754 7821