2018 Weight Loss Thread

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by endurgirl, Feb 4, 2018.

1. kodemiester

kodemiester Senior Member

Whelp, Ive been slacking. Not even going to deny it. :willynilly: I think tonight I will get back to doing the shakes, at least doing one a day. Its a pain to get the blender out for them, but I have the product I should at least use it. My setback/s is work. There are TONS of sweets/snacks around, and is hard to say no. At home Im usually pretty good, I try to eat a healthier supper, and if Im still hungry I eat some fruit and then make sure I don't go into the kitchen anymore for the rest of the night. I'm also bad about eating out on the weekends (mainly subway)..

Friday when I get paid I am FOR SURE joining the gym. Id like to at least start toning up my arms and legs and loose some belly along the way.

2. DocsLglyBlonde

DocsLglyBlonde Senior Member

For those restricting calories, I'd caution restricting them TOO much. You need to estimate your BMR, then take off a percentage of that depending on how many pounds per week you'd like to lose. So, for me, I'm aiming for just under 2000 calories per day. Yesterday I had much less, but was satisfied thanks to the high fat. Especially if you aren't doing very low carb, you can do some damage on your metabolism by chronically keeping calories too low. Just a thought!

I've been good, and my waist has gone down an inch since I started, which is good. I did sprinting intervals before lifting today, then rode, and now have no quad control :rofl:

3. mooselady

mooselady Senior Member

Was doing well, both with eating and exercise, but the %%&* knee started to complain, so I cut back on the exercise...Lent starts tomorrow...yes I KNOW it should be today, I gave myself a valentines day extension....so back on everything tomorrow.

4. EventerNic6187

EventerNic6187 Senior Member

I dragged my big hind end to the gym tonight and got a membership again. I don’t exercise enough unless I have to go to the gym. And it’s too hot here to run outside in the summer. So hopefully that will kick start things for me. I bought some healthy foods and made Kung pao chicken with a small amount of rice tonight. I got some cashews for snacking, Greek yogurt, chicken sausage to have with eggs for breakfast... I need to get to the local market though to get some fresh fish and fruits/veggies. Walmart’s selection was dreadful.

Ms_Pigeon and endurgirl like this.
  5. Ms_Pigeon

Ms_Pigeon Senior Member

Haahaaaa! The worst part is trying to lower yourself onto the commode. After truly awful training bike rides, I have to hold onto the sink.

kodemiester and DocsLglyBlonde like this.
  6. mooselady

mooselady Senior Member

Well, weighed in this morning, and measured, gained 2 pounds, but lost 1" off boobs, waist and hips....

Scales are now binned until Easter...6 weeks, better have lost something before then.

DocsLglyBlonde likes this.
  7. DocsLglyBlonde

DocsLglyBlonde Senior Member

Inches lost are more indicative of fat loss. You can be gaining muscle and losing fat, which is a good thing, and will lead to overall weight loss with time. You got this! :)

Sam C. and mooselady like this.
  8. palimino57

palimino57 Senior Member

Weight slightly increased this week (often does week before girly issues but thats not this week!) Slightly irritated then realised Ive not had any electrolytes this week adn reduced water intake so my fault. Drinking a ton now trying to kick it again.

Still Keto. May toss in a cheat meal one day this weekend, but with weight gain def not feeling now is the time

endurgirl and mooselady like this.
  9. endurgirl

endurgirl Senior Member

I did the horse girl version of that string thingy where you measure your waist and tape it to the wall. I used baling twine and taped it to the feed room wall. :rofl:

mooselady and palimino57 like this.
  10. BluemoonOKy

BluemoonOKy Senior Member

I have stayed pretty consistent with my new eating habits, lifestyle change (trying not to use the term "diet"). Lost 14 lbs so far. I would like to lose at least that much more and keep it off. Exercising and using the "Lose It" app. I am still Eating a little chocolate every day, drinking coffee with sugar and creamer...Eating much healthierbut not going to deprive myself. Doing lots of meal prepping, making Tons of roasted veggies, soups, salads and protein heavy foods. I still have gone out to eat several times, learning what to order and good choices of restaurants... and I am feeling so much better...energy wise and have less inflammation over all with the gluten free. And minimal soy/ corn. Having a good repetoire of healthy, lower carb recipes that can be prepped in advanced, And daily yoga/ exercise. I have discovered i do better eating less more often, so i have several snacks. I haven't been able to ride much due to the weather...either super hard ground, cold nasty or mud. Been going to an indoor a couple days a week, but will be so much happier when we are back to our normal routines and fitness of 4- 5 days a week.

endurgirl and mooselady like this.