2018 Weight Loss Thread

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by endurgirl, Feb 4, 2018.

1. palimino57

palimino57 Senior Member

Just found this!! I started Keto Mid July 2017 and have had less then 10 Cheat meals. I am now finding I am actually better off to have a cheat meal as seems to break a stall.

I dont count anymore, and never worried about calories, and dont Intermittent fast as much as I wish I did. I am down 19kgs. I want to lose another 16 kgs ASAP. But its been a slow process, but consdiering NO process worked in the past and weight was climbing up slowly meanwhile I was at the gym 5 days a week, calorie restricted etc. I have quit the gym pretty much when I started Keto and eat delicious food.

Goal weight is 60kgs. Currently at 76.5 (im a fluxuater, but thats the lowest on the scales so far).

endurgirl likes this.
  2. Ms_Pigeon

Ms_Pigeon Senior Member

I need to get in and have my body composition re-done in the next two weeks-or-so. I've been eating a bit better and my energy has improved on my longer training rides (mountain bike, not horse!).

I actually did really well at my first race of the year and got a good, objective look at my body from the podium pictures. I think I look just right: not too thin, well-muscled. In the past, when training ramped up and I wasn't eating well, I would lose a lot of my upper body tone from muscle loss, but I seem to be fairly ripped right now. ;)

endurgirl likes this.
  3. Lopinslow

Lopinslow Senior Member

I need to get started also. Headed to Reno NV Thursday for a long weekend (getting married the cheap route) then when I get back, I HAVE to start eating better, lose some weight and get in better shape... show season coming soon.

problem is we eat out a lot, I LOVE carbs and sweets, and its hard to find time to exercise when April is at a boarding barn, and I have 9 more at home.

I did the Phen-fen way back when, and I still have some phentermine, but it makes me a complete emotional basket case, and irritable...

kodemiester likes this.
  4. hamerface

hamerface Senior Member

Ill join in...

Ibwas at 220 before Christmas and then 230 after and somehow am up to 250.

30 pounds in three months.

I don't understand. When I track my food, I'm under 1300 calories. I don't eat sugar, I don't eat processed foods. I don't eat grains.

It sucks. Really really sucks

I was drinking 1/2 a beer a day in December with an advent calendar. I chalked my 10lb weight gain in December up to that.

I'm not supposed to have coffee or dairy according to a naturopath I saw years ago. I have been having coffee and dairy, but I can't imagine that would cause this explosion in weight.

anyway.

It's out.

It's on paper so to speak.

time to see change.

5. Ms_Pigeon

Ms_Pigeon Senior Member

Oooo, yeah: I'd agree with staying away from that. It can be scary! Plus, it'd be hard to know how well it's "aged." ;)

6. EventerNic6187

EventerNic6187 Senior Member

Have you had your thyroid checked? It turns out that some of my struggle to lose weight was due to an imbalance in my thyroid. I was gaining weight on 1200 calories a day, no carbs or sugars, high protein and very limited dairy. I got to a point where I just gave up and started eating crappy again and gained more weight before I had my thyroid checked. Losing weight is still a struggle but it has been a little better since I’ve been on medication.

I have also realized that I need to be better about drinking water (especially here in FL with the hot weather ramping up) and getting more sleep. I’ve been having problems with insomnia (I think anxiety-induced) lately and the first urge I get when I’m wide awake and bored at 2:30 am is to check the fridge. It can be a tough one to fight. I’ll keep habitually opening the fridge door and my mind is like “why am I doing this?”

I am going grocery shopping in a little bit and honestly don’t have many ideas on what to buy. Does anyone have any suggestions for fast, easy meals that are also healthy and filling? Last night I finished work late so I just sprinkled a chicken breast with gluten free breadcrumbs, browned it in some olive oil and topped it with a bit of sauce and mozzarella. It tasted just as good as traditional breaded, fried chicken parm and was really filling.

7. endurgirl

endurgirl Senior Member

Shrimp shrimp shrimp!!!! I did teriyaki chicken last night, shrimp and green beans. You can do the zucchini noodles to substitute for pasta. Mushrooms, cheeses, broccoli. Bacon, eggs. Lettuce, avocado. Basically, stay on the perimeter of the grocery store. Meats, cheeses, veggies.

Google you some low carb recipes, I do that a lot and prepare grocery lists like that.

ZipAllied likes this.
  8. Ms_Pigeon

Ms_Pigeon Senior Member

I also struggle with anxiety-affected sleep. I listen to "sleep stories", which I get through the Calm app (but I think are available through lots of other platforms). They're basically people with really soothing voices reading really boring things, and they work like a charm for me. Might be worth a shot!

9. hamerface

hamerface Senior Member

@EventerNic6187

yeah thyroid, hormones, the full gamut. There's a history of thyroid disease in the family, the doctor always checks it first.

For easy:
    Prawns/Shrimp I agree with @endurgirl you just defrost them in cold water when you need them and to takes no time at all.

Fish. Pan seared fish is always easy. Add a fresh salsa and steamed veg and it's a quick easy meal. Same thing with fish, it's quick to defrost.

I am a big fan of squashes of all kinds. you can sautee them for a quick meal or bake them for a long slow process. Can't go wrong with squash. :)

10. slc

slc Senior Member

I stick to a very plain diet, just reduce calories and fat, and add more fast moving exercise like brisk walking. For some reason even really briskly doing barn chores does me no good. I think it's just too much a part of the routine. Got more than a few pounds to lose and fitness to gain before I start riding Wuss Horse!