2018 Weight Loss Thread

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by endurgirl, Feb 4, 2018.

1. mooselady

mooselady Senior Member

I have fallen so far off the wagon that all I can see is a faint puff of dust as it runs away at vast speed....

Alsosusieq2, Puddincup and endurgirl like this.
  2. endurgirl

endurgirl Senior Member

The wagon is dragging me behind it on a long rope, i'm hitting rocks and trees as i'm dragging along behind. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Alsosusieq2 likes this.
  3. DocsLglyBlonde

DocsLglyBlonde Senior Member

How's everyone doing???

I've officially hit 20lbs lost!!! It seems like not so much considering I've been at this the entire year, yet it's over 1lb per week, which I know is a very healthy rate. I have a ways to go to hit my goal, but I'm 20 lbs closer than I was 4 months ago and it's slowly but steadily coming off :)

Alsosusieq2, mooselady and endurgirl like this.
  4. mooselady

mooselady Senior Member

Still struggling, doesn’t help that my scales now just give random weights to make me shut up and go away. Kind of in a holding pattern right now, frustrating, but still trying to climb back on properly.

Alsosusieq2 likes this.
  5. Peanut Palomino

Peanut Palomino Senior Member

I lost about 30lbs last year. Went from a size 6 to a size 0. I'm very short, so its a big difference.
    The main factor that helped me was getting off of hormonal birth control. Once that stuff got out of my system the weight just fell off and my mood improved DRASTICALLY. I never knew what effect it was having on me until I was off of it.

I'm at a good weight now but would still like to lose about 5 or 7 pounds. Although I'm less concerned about the number and more concerned about the aesthetic.

I try to run a couple times a week (at least 3 miles) and go to the gym. My BF has taken a sudden interest in hiking, so hopefully we'll do more of that this summer. And I'll be riding twice a week, so I think I'm on a good track to maintain/improve.

I make big complex salads as often as I can ad I really enjoy those. I also practically live on avocado toast-- it's SO GOOD!

Alsosusieq2 and endurgirl like this.
  6. hamerface

hamerface Senior Member

I had gallbladder removal surgery Tuesday and it's been great so far. My persistent pain is gone which opens up to the door to some pain free exercise. Woop.

7. BluemoonOKy

BluemoonOKy Senior Member

Checking in to see how everyone is doing. I have gone from a size 16 to a size 10. I got some new clothes and breeches. Down almost 30 pounds. But, I feel so much better. Pretty much sticking to counting calories, using the "lose it app", and keeping gluten free (although I do cheat sometimes). Hope everyone else is doing well.

8. EventerNic6187

EventerNic6187 Senior Member

I fell off the wagon a little bit. I had lost 10lbs but gained 5 back. I’ve been going to the gym almost every night and running 1-2 miles but progress has been very slow even before I fell off the wagon about 2 weeks ago with my eating.

Does anyone have a Fitbit? Maybe if those of us who have one do challenges, it would motivate me to walk/run more!

9. Bakkir

Bakkir Senior Member

I admit I fell off the wagon. I just don't care at the moment. Yes I am stress eating, but I'm walking enough that I'm not gaining.

10. DocsLglyBlonde

DocsLglyBlonde Senior Member

We missed our June check in! How's everyone doing?

I have not been eating alot, but not sticking to low carb rhe last month, had been afraid to weigh in, felt good looking in the mirror this morning and weighed in to found I've lost 5 lbs this month! That brings me to about 25lbs total this year, and I'm almost over a big hump of a number that will make me feel better to be below :rolleyes: I hope everyone is still feeling good and keeping up healthy habits - missteps, lumps, and bumps along the road are to be expected and remember to be proud of even small successes :)