2018 Weight Loss Thread

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by endurgirl, Feb 4, 2018.

1. FaeriesFaith

FaeriesFaith Senior Member

Awesome ML, YOU CAN DOO EEET

2. ZipAllied

ZipAllied Senior Member

Way to go ML!!!

3. Lark

Lark Senior Member

Just have to do this or I am going to 'splode. Living proof you can loose weight after 60 here.

Down 72 pounds since last Aug. (40 to go before surgery). This according to my doctor's scale. The man just beams when I go in for an appointment.

So far it is 90% Atkins and a little (not nearly enough) exercise. Have a new horse coming home in April so will be able to ad riding for exercise.

4. mooselady

mooselady Senior Member

I believe Atkins has changed a bit from the original, what are you mainly eating now, it used to be a real meat fest!

ETA- CONGRATULATIONS, that is fantastic.....it IS harder over 60 I believe, but doable, as you prove.

5. BluemoonOKy

BluemoonOKy Senior Member

Recipe...Bluemoon's favorite lunch salad. I eat this all the time. It is delicious and filling and only 130 calories. Can add cheese for additional calories. I like feta.

1.5 cups of spinach, or power greens or arugula
    3 cherry tomatoes, halved
    2 radishes, sliced
    1 Persian cucumber (baby cukie), sliced
    1 lil sweetie (baby sweet pepper), sliced
    2 oz. Most boars head turkey sliced...I use black forest, pastrami turkey, cajun, or Sausalito
    2 Tbsp. Trader Joe's green goddess salad dressing

6. Lark

Lark Senior Member

The world's most boring diet. Protein for breakfast,usually 2 eggs. Green salad for lunch, protein and a vegetable for supper. Cheese for a snack and sugar free jello for dinner.

Three cheat days total, Thanksgiving, Christmas and now Easter. I will post a picture of my reward in the next 2 weeks when it arrives.

mooselady likes this.
  7. xduckehx

xduckehx Senior Member+

I know I'm late to the group lol, but figured I'd jump in and share in the support.

I've put on quite a bit of weight over the last few years due to depression and alcohol :( Primarily this last year has been the hardest, I lost my pup that I watched be born, and was training to become an emotional support/anxiety assistance dog, and 3 weeks later lost my dad very sudden and unexpectedly. About 5 months later my liver started to shut down, and I went into a treatment facility for a month. I found out I was pregnant this February, and my due date is my dads birthday (September). So, all of this combined... I really took to heart that it was time to get healthy.

Fast forward to finally not being sick everyday from baby-nausea lol! I started the Keto diet as well, though some days are much harder to stick to it due to constant nausea, I do the best I can within my constraints. I wasn't sure if I was losing anything considering I'm pregnant, but I have been feeling considerably better focus and energy wise. At a check in doctors appointment, I felt even better finding out I was down 10lbs from my pre-preggo weight. I can't eat much meat currently, and aside from keeping my carbs around 20-30grams, I don't count my fat or protein intake, and am constantly trying to remember to drink water. I've been doing Keto for roughly 5-6 weeks, though again.. there's been a day or two per week where it hasn't been super great. I'm currently 4 months pregnant.

Supplement wise I'll be shopping around for a protein drink for days I can't stomach meat, but I use MCT oil for bulletproof coffees as well. I try to use a keto app on my phone to keep track of macros, but it often slips my mind... I agree though it absolutely keeps you accountable! I know people get annoyed on facebook, but I also try to post a picture of what I'm having for dinner because it does the same thing.

8. uncanny580

uncanny580 Senior Member

I have gained a couple of pounds :(
    Granted I weighed myself after being at my parents for 3 days and eating everything in sight.
    But it is still a bit disappointing.

I really need to find something and stick to it. I have been drinking breakfast smoothies every morning. Spinach + whatever fruit we have + almond milk + flax and chia seeds. Those have been surprisingly easy for me to get down in the mornings which has been great.

But that is all I have been able to stick to as far as eating better. I am okay-ish at work if I pack enough snacks but sometimes I don't and then I either share some popcorn with someone or order out and then pig out. Or I eat good for a few days and thing just gorge. I have no willpower anymore.

Exercise is an other issue. I was doing well with walking the dog tons but then last week I only got 2 rides in and maybe one walk because we ate out one night and the other night I was incapacitated with a TERRIBLE headache, I could hardly move. There is just ZERO motivation for me to get up and get moving. I am tired all of the time and in pain and it just makes me LAZY.

9. BluemoonOKy

BluemoonOKy Senior Member

How is everyone doing ? I'm down 25 lbs. with 10 more to go as a goal. I have still been doing gluten, soy and corn (for the most part) free and feel so much better. Finslly able to ride more and getting out in the garden some, so more exercise. I am still tracking my calories and exercise in the lose it app. I am allowing myself cheat meals, still eating chocolate EVERY SINGLE day...and cream and sugar in my coffee, so not much feeling of deprivation. Also, meal planning and packing lunches and food to go while I'm working. I am not enjoying some of my old food choices when I have cheated. I think my tastebuds have really changed. One of my best friends does make me gluten free chocolate chip cookies and gf chocolate scones and muffins sometimes, which i love. I am going to have to get some new clothes. Mine are way too big now.

Hope everyone else is still hanging in there!

10. DocsLglyBlonde

DocsLglyBlonde Senior Member

I was down 3 pounds at my last weigh in, making the yearly total 18 pounds! I still have a ways to go to reach my goals, but I'm happy with the journey so far. It's slower going than I wish it was (obviously...lol) but it still feels so sustainable. I've had higher carb days here and there, but ultimately have no issues going back to low carb. It's funny how if I do a higher carb day, I wake up the next morning STARVING. There is such a craving to eat MORE when I'm eating more carbs. I slacked on working out the last couple weeks because of stress with school along with a RC injury which now has biceps tendonitis added on top of it, but I know that's no excuse to not workout and I know exactly what I need to do, I just need to do it :p I have been much more active outside with the weather finally trying to feel somewhat like spring.

I'm so proud of everyone sticking with it and seeing, and more imprtantly feeling, your hard work paying off!!

mooselady likes this.