2018 Weight Loss Thread

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by endurgirl, Feb 4, 2018.

1. uncanny580

uncanny580 Senior Member

I am currently eating a giant doughnut.....and had a giant burger and fries this weekend sooo....:(

I have been doing slightly better food wise and have been feeling great lately but I doubt I am down anything/anywhere.

2. Ms_Pigeon

Ms_Pigeon Senior Member

Had a huge wake-up call yesterday. I did my first Category 2 mountain bike race (which basically means I doubled the distance, stepped up in technical challenges, and took on a lot more suffering from the races I was doing last year). I pulled off a win in my age group and was third woman overall, but I am NOT at the level of fitness I need to be to compete how I want to. The performance was pure force of will.

I admitted to myself what I've been dodging for a few months now: I'm severely depressed, and I need to get help for that. The sadness, fatigue, and lack of motivation have curtailed my training regimen. They've curtailed lots of things in my life, including my commitment to a healthier diet that will truly fuel my life.

I'm so very lucky to have access to the resources I need and the support network that will get me through. I just had to get real with myself.

3. FaeriesFaith

FaeriesFaith Senior Member

I stepped on a scale a week ago, I'm down under 250 now =D. AAAND promptly had a horrible horrible week of eating like carp. Doesn't help there were 3 birthdays in a row and I was hardly home this week. I'm probably back up over the 250 mark. I don't wanna step on a scale this week because I'm scared of what a week of eating cake and pasta and all that stuff will do to me hahah

Mule.girl likes this.
  4. mooselady

mooselady Senior Member

Congrats for that, that is my first BIG target....so yes you probably have gained, so maybe don't weigh, just climb back on the wagon, and do a weeks boot camp, then weigh in.

FaeriesFaith likes this.
  5. mooselady

mooselady Senior Member

Just noticed my belt is on the last hole! Time to find the hole punch!

FaeriesFaith and endurgirl like this.
  6. Mule.girl

Mule.girl Senior Member

As mush as I hated to use a supplement or "pill" to help with weight loss, I did. Long story short a customer of ours is a health nut and we did some bartering for a bottle and I tried and liked it. Its called "Plum Skinny", after a little research I tried it and after a month had lost 13 ish pounds. Then I went off of it and took two months off and I kept the weight off (woo hoo!!) I decided to go back on it again and I like it it suppress the appetite, tends to make me pee a little more not enough to be alarmed. It also leave a funky taste in my mouth regardless of if I drink a ton of water or have chew gum / mint. Its not a smell per say cause my husband does not notice one. Any one else have experience with this pill or other weight loss pills leaving a taste in your mouth?

7. Circle C

Circle C Senior Member

I've had some health issues and I gained 12lbs. All 12 have been lost and I'm holding steady at my "normal" weight. I haven't been successful in losing the additional 5 that I want to lose, but I'm happy I'm back to my normal weight. 5 more to go until I can get into the jeans I bought in TX lol I was working hard, it was hot and I was smaller.

I have fallen off the wagon lately tho and I need to get back to eating cleaner. I've been eating junky.

8. Loona

Loona Full Member

Not intentionally, but lost 7 lbs in a week because I am sick. I have a cold and a bacterial infection. At least one good thing about it.
    I hope I can keep going with loosing weight when I feel better and can go riding again.

9. CabterCrazy

CabterCrazy Senior Member

I am down 15lbs, I cook nearly all our meals from scratch and have cut out modt sugar and alcohol. Once the weather gets nice me and little guy will be hiking/jogging, and working the horses more. I switched BC and all of a sudden lost the weight I had been struggling with.

I want to lose 15lbs more, I am 5lbs away from pre pregnacy weight but I want to be a less than that because that was the weight I was at my healthiest.

mooselady likes this.
  10. mooselady

mooselady Senior Member

Well I caved and weighed into today, it's Good Friday I wanted hot cross buns, and I know that will cause a bump.

ANd

DRUM ROLL

I lost 13.5 pounds in 10 weeks. Now to be honest that is just a little frustrating, seeing that I have been fairly strict, but it is also a great amount down, so GO ME.

Now to lose 8.5 pounds in the next 7 weeks, after having the weekend off....