2018 homemade Christmas gifts thread

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Binca, Oct 6, 2018.

1. Binca

Binca Senior Member

I have created these threads in the past and they have been very successful in sharing some awesome homemade gift ideas.

So anyone doing anything homemade this year?

My husband and I are going to hand sew teddy bears for the two babies in the family. I'm in the process of looking up baby safe patterns at the moment.

I'm planting a variety of different seeds including some ferns at the moment so with any luck I might be able to give plant loving family members something from the garden.

I've also been going to a lot of local art and craft markets and collecting business cards lately too. So I'm going to be buying a lot of local hand made craft products too. I found a guy who makes beautiful stuff out of Australian wood, including pens, plates, tables, etc. I also found a lady who makes beautiful macrame plant hangers which I know half my family will love.

Depending how well the fruit and veggies grow in my garden by Christmas I might be able to make/bake some things for my family too.

Alsosusieq2 likes this.
  2. RusticR

RusticR Full Member

My mother in law loves everything snowman so this is what we are planning on making her for Christmas.

I need to come up with something for my mom. She loves unique planters so going to try to come up with something along those lines.

Attached Files:

Alsosusieq2 and mooselady like this.
  3. Dona Worry

Dona Worry Senior Member

Everyone is getting eggs for Christmas!

4. manesntails

manesntails Senior Member

Faberge' or Chicken?

o_O

Alsosusieq2 and mooselady like this.
  5. Dona Worry

Dona Worry Senior Member

20181004_123959.jpg

Alsosusieq2, Binca, ginster and 2 others like this.
  6. Ranger’s Roheryn

Ranger’s Roheryn Full Member

For crafty, artsy folks, “open when” letters are fun. Pretty popular right now, but they can be personalized and using cute envelopes makes it more enjoyable. There are tons of ideas online. I’m going to be making a friend some for Christmas. :)

Binca likes this.
  7. CabterCrazy

CabterCrazy Senior Member

We are smoking some salt and cheeses to give to some people, others are getting baked goods and cards

Alsosusieq2 and Binca like this.
  8. barrel_racer64

barrel_racer64 Senior Member

@RusticR those snowmen are adorable! I may have to make some of those.

I always do some sort of handmade something for my family for Christmas. I've been making some kind of clay trinket for my parents the last 4-5 years. I'm making my dad a halter out of a used head rope, I'm hoping it turns out :rofl:. I'm still trying to figure out what other homemade things I'm going to do, but I'll probably do a little photo book of my boys for hubby.

Alsosusieq2 likes this.
  9. Binca

Binca Senior Member

Those snowmen are very cute!

Good luck with the halter @barrel_racer64 - I would love to see how it turns out. :)

I'm working on some DIY kitten toys for my local shelters. If they work, I will make some for family/friends with cats too.

Alsosusieq2 likes this.
  10. barrel_racer64

barrel_racer64 Senior Member

I'll try and post a picture when I get it done! I just finished the noseband and lead rope tonight, so I just have the hanger to make. The nose/lead are lariate, and I'm thinking I'll do the hanger out of paracord so it's softer and easier to handle.

Alsosusieq2 likes this.