2018 Christmas Gift Exchange

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by meljean, Sep 19, 2018.

1. meljean

meljean Senior Member

OFFICIAL 2018 Christmas Gift Exchange Thread!
    It's that time of year again! Time to start planning ahead for our annual Christmas gift exchange.

NOTE: There have been a few changes to this, so please read this over.

Primarily the date for gifts to be received by has been moved up to December 1st.

The signup will end on October 24th this year and who you will be the Secret Santa for, will be to sent to members by October 30th via private messages here, or conversations as they now are.

If you have Thanksgiving plans, or any type of holiday plans that will take you away from home, please make arrangements with your PO to hold packages, or a designated place with driver to leave a package, I believe they still will do that. It is not fun to find a soggy package, or have one taken off porch.

Rules:
    1) You must be at least a Senior member to participate. No exceptions.

2) If you are a minor, you must have your parents permission to participate.

3) Do not participate if you cannot follow through and send your gift. No one wants to be left out. Limit is 20 dollars, *give or take* some of us have better bargain hunting skills and stores, and others are in the nether regions where we don't.

4) You must post in the WISH LIST thread. Link is at the bottom of this post. If you have not posted in the thread by sign up deadline, you will NOT be able to participate in the exchange.

5) PLEASE send me a PM both when you SEND your gift, and when you RECEIVE your gift. That is to be sent here in the private messages, or "conversations" not to my e-mail.

6) For extra security, document your sent gift! Take a picture of the gift, packaged, with addresses visible, and send it to ME. Or, take a picture of the receipt from the post office. OR get shipping confirmation and send me the number. Its pretty simple, and ensures that, if your gift doesn't arrive for some reason, I have proof that it was sent. NOTE: USPS will NOT cover anything with their insurance unless it arrived damaged, or was lost completely by them before reaching the address. It will NOT cover stolen packages or ones left at wrong address.

7) Your gift must be RECEIVED by DECEMBER 1st!! If your gift is not received by this date (with the exception of people who follow rule 6) you will be marked as a Scrooge. No exceptions. And will be duly noted in exchanges to come.

8) Thank your sender! Its simple, and means a lot to your Secret Santa. When you get your gift, PM your sender and say THANK YOU! Post photos in the thread I will start on "Look what my Secret Santa sent me" after the sign up has closed.

Same country, and international exchanges available!

This is all you need to do:

Send me a PM with the following information:

Your Forum Name
    Your Real Name
    Your Address
    Which exchange you want to participate in -
    USA/Canada
    USA only
    Canada only
    International

You must post in this thread if you are signing up.

2018 WISH LIST

2. manesntails

manesntails Senior Member

Okay, I haven't played in a while but I will this year.

meljean likes this.
  3. QuarterHorseMomma

QuarterHorseMomma Senior Member

Sending now!

meljean likes this.
  4. QuarterHorseMomma

I kind of feel the same. December 1st is super early I could understand the 14th or so but rules are rules. It is pretty hard because October is Halloween, then Thanksgiving in November...

MzCarol likes this.
  5. meljean

meljean Senior Member

Yes it seems too early, and it is hard to be planning Christmas between bats and turkeys. But not nearly as hard as it has been for me, and the prior members that ran this to try to get up with members every single day from the sign up cutoff to the day gifts were supposed to arrive, messaging them over and over to see had they gotten their gift sent, did they have tracking, and checking with members to see "have you looked in the garage, have you called the post office, have you got a back door they might have left it at" and then tracking down the sending member to tell them their gift hadn't arrived, and contacting members that hadn't posted "I got my gift...thank you so much" on the thread I make for that, to see if they had gotten their gift and hadn't posted or had not gotten their gift and we needed to track it down, or ask someone to play SS for a member that for whatever reason was Scrooged. Or to get a message well after the SS lists went out that told me "I spent all my money on Christmas for my family and don't have money to get something for my SS recipient" yet that member's gift had already arrived.

6. QuarterHorseMomma

And I totally understand! If you ever need help with planning or scheduling I'd be happy to help!

manesntails likes this.
  7. Sandra-A1

Sandra-A1 Senior Moderator Staff Member

I would love to take part this year!
    I will send my information as soon as I finish this post!

QuarterHorseMomma likes this.
  8. Binca

Binca Senior Member

Sent you a PM - Thank you for organising this again!! :D

9. QHshowmanship

QHshowmanship Senior Member

I know I'm not around the boards much - but I look forward to this every year! Sending info!

10. endurgirl

endurgirl Senior Member

Signing up!!