1. JOIN the world's largest horse forum! Chat and learn from other experts about horse training, breeding, health, showing, riding, contests and use our free horse classifieds. Register Here

Featured 2017 Level 1 Championships West

Discussion in 'Equestrian Events, Shows, Competitions' started by VermilionStrife, Mar 24, 2017.

1. GotaDunQH

GotaDunQH Senior Member

Michelle.....what days do you show? I know you mentioned it here....but I want to make sure i check the results!

VermilionStrife and Dream27 like this.
  2. VermilionStrife

VermilionStrife Senior Member

I will show Thursday in Amateur Hunter Hack and pretty much all day Friday lol. Friday is L1 Am HUS, then Rookie Am HUS, L1 Am Eq and Rookie Am Eq. :)

I have a picture from this afternoon practicing Equitation and my legs are so tired lol. I also met @LoveTrail!!

IMG_0237.JPG

Dream27, bnttyra, LoveTrail and 3 others like this.
  3. bwahorses

bwahorses Full Member

Hope the Forum members showing have a great time & good luck:applaud:. I Have a small group from my show family that went down,so been getting updates of their arrival & will also be cheering them one from Home :D:cheerleader:.

VermilionStrife and kodemiester like this.
  4. VermilionStrife

Who are they with? :) @bwahorses

I'll be down to watch competition today. My barnmate shows ins sms today. Wishing everyone luck!

bobo and horses likes this.
  5. VermilionStrife

Showing in Hunter Hack later this morning. Only 4 in the class. I'm up against much more experienced horses and I'm ok with coming in last as long as we complete the course and have a good go. He was jumping pretty good for a very green O/f horse yesterday.

6. mustang_dodger

mustang_dodger Senior Member

good luck to every once

VermilionStrife likes this.
  7. cowgirl-tuff

cowgirl-tuff Senior Member

8. bwahorses

bwahorses Full Member

Hooray for the show peeps from here,have top 5,10 & 15 placings:wink:. WR ,HSE & WP so happy for them !!

9. Englishspurs

Englishspurs Full Member

How did it go for ya'll? This was one of my favorite shows last year (I went to the Central) next to NSBA. I was very impressed by the show management and efforts on behalf of AQHA to make it so exhibiter riendly and memorable.

10. VermilionStrife

Lisa had a pretty good show! I know she got several top 10 placings.

Sadly for me, I scratched all my best classes due to unexpected lameness in the same leg my horse twisted the shoe on. :( He had been sound and moving normally once the shoe was fixed until Friday morning (I scratched Thursday because I didn't think he was ready for the o/f classes and didn't want him to get scared or hurt). I pulled him out to exercise him early in the morning and he was extremely sore at the trot on his RH. We immediately scheduled an appointment with the show vet (they actually came in an hour early to look at him) and they determined he had some swelling in his stifle and flexed positive. They made him as comfortable as possible, but I couldn't show in a pleasure class with a lame horse. By the time Eq came around he was feeling good (so good that our patterns weren't super beautiful, he enjoyed the hand gallop a little too much....lol).

I am trying to decide if I need to find him a place to have stall rest or put him out to pasture like I had originally intended. I was planning to give him time off after this show to begin with, but without knowing 100% what the problem is, I don't know. We couldn't afford to do more tests at the show since the bill was already at 500 just to figure out where the issue was and to try to help him feel better. I'm going to be getting him seen here, but I have to go pick him up from the trainer this coming weekend. Suggestions are welcome.

On a more positive note, the other girl I was showing with won Res Ch in Level 1 Am WP and was a finalist in SMS and Trail! I was very happy for her especially in WP, she deserved it.