2017 Level 1 Championships West

Discussion in 'Equestrian Events, Shows, Competitions' started by VermilionStrife, Mar 24, 2017.

1. VermilionStrife

VermilionStrife Senior Member

My hauling fees round trip for Vegas were 1300. We did the math and it would have been almost as much for me to haul my own horse there and more time off work, so decided it was worth it to just pay the fees to my trainer.

bobo and horses and LoveTrail like this.
  2. LoveTrail

LoveTrail Senior Member

I negotiated mine with my friend because I could have hauled myself. She had one empty slot and me filling it got her more money. I paid about half of what a trainer would have charged.

3. bobo and horses

bobo and horses Senior Member

We used trainers to haul to congress/world show. He charged $1 per mile, per horse. Had a 6 horse trailer. Made his extra cash, minus diesel and wear and tear on his rig and truck. We flew in, especially to World Show.

When we got a decent trailer, we drove ourselves. When we had someone hitch with us, we actually divided up fuel money, no extra. Sometimes they helped drive, which was nice.

4. bwahorses

bwahorses Full Member

Living in North,Think besides cost to haul other bigger issue was bad driving conditions..... without fail seem to always hit at least one storm system, causing poor road conditions

5. VermilionStrife

I'll just put this here since it is relevant. :)

[​IMG]

6. LoveTrail

LoveTrail Senior Member

Can't see your photo. Assume it is snow?

Here's what we had on Monday.

[video]

And of one driving it as his car his heavily damaged, windows were completely broken as they sat on the interstate. Best video I have seen of the damage while in a car.

[video]

I went through this back in August 2014 with my truck and aluminum trailer with Foxy in the back. I had $5000 worth of damage from baseball and golf ball sized hail, but those people it was even worse than what I got. For mine the hail was further apart so was able to keep on driving slowly. Was trying to get out of it. It happened just outside of Rapid City, SD.

And how it was in your house with those windows breaking.

[video]

7. VermilionStrife

No it was my pro photo from the show! Lol it finally came in the mail. I seem to have it figured out now, I'll post it.

Trouble Vegas.jpg

tlwidener, bwahorses and DelP like this.
  8. LoveTrail

LoveTrail Senior Member

Very nice. What no Kina in it? :cool:

9. VermilionStrife

No, I think she had already left by the time we took the picture so it was just my mom and Genny.

LoveTrail likes this.
  10. LoveTrail

LoveTrail Senior Member

I saw her ad in the Equine Chronicle today. Which means you are in it too I noticed. :cool:

Dream27 and VermilionStrife like this.