2017 Foals!

Discussion in 'Stallion Foal / Offspring' started by PamelaTX, Jan 7, 2017.

1. Puddincup

Puddincup Senior Member

Love warmbloods. Had a job feeding about 30 weanlings and yearlings when I was younger. They are so gorgeous but really know how to tap into those awkward stages:LOL: Hope you "little" guy starts bouncing back Soon!

I actually love his personality but I just couldn't watch him take 15 minutes to come up for feed and hay one more day. And all the other horses had been at the gate for at 13 of 15 minutes. o_O he actually has been running around more the last three days so I'm hoping whatever it might be isn't serious.

2. Lopinslow

Lopinslow Senior Member

Crossing my fingers for your boy. might just be a growth spurt.

Peyton is usually waiting at the door when I head out to the barn. I did have to take his hay out of his stall though, as it would take him twice as long to eat as Indy and April combined, and he only gets about 2lbs of RB. I have to practically drag him back outside, and if I don't shut the door fast enough, he's trying to come back in. found him at the other end of the field about a week ago, all the others were up by the barn. he couldn't have cared less that there wasn't another horse in site. when he finally came up, he took his own sweet time.

greenpaintpony and Puddincup like this.
  3. tucklove

tucklove Senior Member

Oh baby drama is so fun... not.

Preacher came in limping on the LH with a swollen hock Friday and given his size and his history, I'm leaning towards OCD lesion. Happy I have experience with this surgery with Tucker 15 years ago, bummed that the horse may have to go through it just 5 weeks off the range. X-rays Wednesday will let us see what's up.

On the up side, when I found this I had not started picking up his hind feet so I was worried I might not be able to check him over very well. Surprise, he didn't mind one bit, let me pick them up and flex both hocks and pick out his feet. I was quite pleased. So fingers crossed at this point that it's either something simple or a lesion in a good spot!

ginster likes this.
  4. Kristal H

Kristal H Senior Member

Nope no worries.....if they were acting crazy trying to climb the wall or jumping fences then you would ave an issue to deal with....thry just still love each other.

greenpaintpony likes this.
  5. Puddincup

Puddincup Senior Member

So our vet finally got back to me and the short version is that the blood work came back normal!!! So thankful for a good report. He’s going to get me the detailed version tomorrow as I’m assuming there is something that can be improved upon but nothing serious is wrong. :cheerleader:

greenpaintpony, txgray and ginster like this.
  6. frisco17

frisco17 Senior Member

@Puddincup for blankets for weanling you have to make sure to get the blankets that have adjustable Velcro along the neckline, otherwise it gaps too much for them. The tough 1 brand has worked very well for me and are true to size.
    IMG_6965.JPG

7. CheyAut

CheyAut Senior Member

Last mini donk foal born last week :D Adorable little boy. 3 out of the 4 mini donk foals still are nameless... ideas? (2 boys and a girl)

[​IMG]

Bebe, PamelaTX, ginster and 1 other person like this.
  8. ginster

ginster Senior Member

Do you want any connection to the parents´ names?
    Otherwise:
    Little Bit
    Crumbs (one of the was spotted, right?)
    Daisy

9. CheyAut

CheyAut Senior Member

Doesn't have to do anything with parents names, but if it helps, Wiley is the dad to all. One is frosted spotted white... which means he's like a grey horse, he'll be white. His mom is Blossom. The girl's mom is Faith. The new boy's mom is Zipper. There is a spotted one, he's the only one named LOL (Texass). I have another jenny named Daisy :)

10. emali06

emali06 Senior Member

Road Runner
    Meepmeep

and Snap for the Zipper baby lol

ginster likes this.