2016 Show Season Wrap Up

Discussion in 'Equestrian Events, Shows, Competitions' started by Pony123, Oct 31, 2016.

1. Pony123

Pony123 Full Member

I did two shows so far this season, will be finishing with my last one on Saturday.

Here's a little overview since I'm quite happy with how the ponies did this year.

First Show: Schooling Show
    I competed in a lot of divisions there on three different ponies.
    My pony, Chess who is 26 won two classes in the hunter on the flat division and was third in the other. So he was division champion. <3 my pony. He was so great and moved out in his fancy hunter trot.
    The spunky little blonde pony, Tuckie who is 25 was given to me to ride in the hunter hack division. They were worried that he would stop over the 2' fences since he has a bad habit of being a dirty stopper but...(drumroll) he was the only horse in the class that didn't stop at the first fence! He was reserve champion in that division.
    Finally, 24yo Dijon was my mount for the 2'3" hunter class He won all three classes including the flat class and we were division champion.
    All the ponies were so amazing at that show!

Second Show: Green Horse Trial
    I rode Chubbs, a paint pony at this show. It was my first time doing all three parts instead of just the combined test.
    Dressage: A 41.5....not bad. I think I was nervous and cut my corners and was a little counter bent. I could definitely improve there. Overall, it wasn't horrible.
    Stadium (Untimed): Chubbs has a habit of rushing fences, so I wasn't sure how he'd do at a show but before hand I told myself I was going to go in there and just have fun. It was the best round I've had on him, including practice rounds. He went like a total hunter....<3 We had a safe, clear round and I came out smiling, which honestly is what I was hoping for.
    XC: I didn't really know what to expect here. I had walked the course and schooled in our XC field at home but I had never really done a full course before. First few fences went well, Chubbs got worked up and cantered up the hill so I let him walk before the next fence as the round wasn't timed. We got the log between the trees ok. The coop was downhill so he rushed at it and ran out but we got it on the second try. Then we had a long down hill to the 3rd to last fence. I made him walk down the hill but he was pulling on me so it was no easy task...lol We got the 2nd to last fence well and then Sash started calling at him from the woods and he pulled through the bridle and I lost a stirrup and I came off on a branch...right before the last jump :/ This is why you wear body protectors...as I landed on a log and could have been seriously hurt. Thank goodness I came out with a few scratches. I got back on after that and schooled in the practice field for a little bit.
    Honestly, I didn't feel that bad after that show. I know what I did wrong and what I will do next time to improve. I felt great after my stadium round and now I have gone out there and done XC.

Pics will come soon as well as an update on my show this weekend.

Sky Cloud and bnttyra like this.
  2. bnttyra

bnttyra Senior Member

Great job! I sure you will do wonderful this weekend! I can't wait to see some photos.

3. Pony123

Pony123 Full Member

Thanks, I will definitely get them posted soon!

4. Pony123

Pony123 Full Member

Photos from the shows

Attached Files:

5. VermilionStrife

VermilionStrife Senior Member

Nice job! I'm totally jealous of your heels, btw. ;) Lol

Pony123 likes this.
  6. Pony123

Pony123 Full Member

Won my 2ft eq class and a huge 2'3" hunter class! I'm super happy with the horse and how I rode.

VermilionStrife likes this.
  7. Sky Cloud

Sky Cloud Senior Member

Nice and good job!!!!!

Pony123 likes this.