2 months??

Discussion in 'Horse Rescue / Adoption' started by mygurlDestiny, Apr 20, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kristal H

Kristal H Senior Member

Unfortunately you did not just ask if the mare was making satisfactory progress....you went down the path of alleging abuse and neglect upon the Rescue that has stepped up with a home and food for this mare.

This mare is one of the lucky ones that some one is trying to save...and while they may not be meeting your standard (a standard that you yourself can not afford or provide), they are providing for her.

2. mygurlDestiny

mygurlDestiny Full Member

Actually in my original post yes that is all i ask. After others started questioning yes i got defensive because i know what the "rescue" does. Yes i myself could afford and provide this horse care, but being 1000 miles away that's currently not possible for me.
    but thanks for your input.

manesntails likes this.
  3. Kristal H

Kristal H Senior Member

Instead of getting defensive in a situation like this, a simple thank you or walk away from the post is the best option....tossing someone else under the bus to try and deflect from yourself is just going to cause more problems.

The bottom line is you are not in a position to take care of this horse, and at this time this rescue is doing the job. If you want her to get a good home then perhaps donating money for training, vet care or helping with a social media annoumnent to find a good home would be ways that you could assist in getting her placed. My father had a favorite saying, choose to be part of the solution and not part of the problem.

DelP, mooselady and D_BaldStockings like this.
  4. ChestersMomma

ChestersMomma Senior Moderator Staff Member

If you do not own this horse and have no interest in owning it, this type of critique is not allowed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.