17 year old Morgan Mare

Discussion in 'Critique My Horse' started by Fancy That, Jan 2, 2017.

1. Fancy That

Fancy That Senior Member

I haven't posted Fancy here in AGES and she's a chunky chubby older lady now :) Thought I'd see what you all think. She's been my all-arounder since I got her at coming 4. She's done lower-level H/J, Eventing, Foxhunting/Hunter Paces and lots of good trail riding and camping. Couldn't ask for a better heart horse!

Photo taken today. She's been out of work all winter through no fault of her own :)
    [​IMG]

2. RG NIGHT HEIR

RG NIGHT HEIR Senior Member

Love Morgans.
    She's a bit coarse with her thick neck and throatlatch.Love her roundness,though.
    What's her breeding?

Fancy That likes this.
  3. Fancy That

Fancy That Senior Member

Thanks! Yep, she isn't refined in the least :)
    She's Devan bred top and bottom...strongly resembling the Devan family (Govt blood)

RG NIGHT HEIR likes this.
  4. manesntails

manesntails Senior Member

Seriously, get her on a diet. She's one munch away from a heart attack.
    I can't even think about critiquing her she's got about 150lbs of fat on her.

5. FaeriesFaith

FaeriesFaith Senior Member

THERE'S MY HIPPO!!! <3 Seriously my favorite horse on the forums (other the my own of course [and bellalous bella is a close second, only cuz I've known her longer!])

Other then her being a chunky monkey, she's gorgeous and can come live with me anytime!

6. Caoimhe

Caoimhe Senior Member

I love love her! So nicely balanced and looks like she could do anything.

She could lose a little, but it seems most morgans I've met are air ferns lol.

I miss seeing her on the forum, I lurked a ton and she has always been my favorite. :heartbeat:

If I was a being picky I would prefer her neck be a tiny bit longer and refined and maybe some slightly lengthened pasterns.

I bet she's held up to everything you've thrown her at. I wish I could find a morgan like her, they seem to be as refined as arabs these days. :(

Fancy That likes this.
  7. XxLiveToRidexX

XxLiveToRidexX Senior Member

I think she is quite cute but I would not make up excuses for her portliness. Being overweight can be dangerous, I'd really work on getting her leaner as she is looking fairly insulin resistant right now.

8. pamnbam

pamnbam Senior Member

It's good to see her again! She could stand to shed a few pounds, but she's looking good otherwise!

Fancy That likes this.
  9. Fancy That

Fancy That Senior Member

FaeriesFaith likes this.
  10. NBChoice

NBChoice Senior Member

I love Morgans. And everyone here knows I love my Saddlebreds. But I don't love that today's Morgans are being bred to look more and more like Saddlebreds. Your mare is the type of Morgan I love. Stocky and thick, but you can still tell she's a Morgan. Other than that I don't have anything to add at all. I'm no good at confo critiques. I just wanted to join in on the Fancy loving!

Fancy That likes this.