150 Arabians Seized in MD

Discussion in 'Horse Rescue / Adoption' started by FancyASB, Apr 30, 2011.

1. Baylily

Baylily Senior Member

Oh please re: dead horses. They were euthanized by licensed vetrinarians. I'd rather a dead horse than one slowly dying of neglect.

I'm not defending the HSUS, but their association with this case does not make the conditions on that farm any different. Masrha is having half her herd returned to her, and I hope that is a more manageable number for her. Everyone, including the state, made concessions.

The day is court is over, a determination was made, no need to troll the internet searching for more places to post propaganda.

2. Banat

Banat Senior Member+

So Baylily, you don't like hearing opinions other than yours? How can you find fault with posting additional information about this situation from people involved?

I'd rather see the owner make the decision to euthanize her horses when she felt the time was right. Right or wrong, Dr's aren't allowed to euthanize people who are dying - why should it be mandated that horses MUST be euthanized because they are coming to the end of their life?

The propaganda has already been spread by the HSUS trolls. Looks like quite a few people took the bait.

1 person likes this.
  3. Baylily

Baylily Senior Member

Nope, just always seems suspicious when a new user pops up on a number of boards and internet websites to post a letter and spew half truths.

No bait taking, Banat, only trying to see both sides. Like I said, glad to see the owner has a more managable herd.

4. Banat

Banat Senior Member+

What makes you suspect that Detective Craig Paul is spewing half-truths?

5. Baylily

Baylily Senior Member

"I went to the websites after the seizure and saw each of these rescues begging for donations, citing ridiculous amounts to care for these animals and was outraged. It was clear at that moment that this entire seizure was agenda driven. These “rescues” thought Ms. Parkinson would be unable to provide an adequate defense and they would simply take over the horses, charge absurd restitution and force "criminal" charges as well as drive her into bankruptcy with only her property left, which could be taken with a lien for unpaid restitution."

And, again, I question the motive of someone joining a website simply to dig up a month old thread.

6. Baylily

Baylily Senior Member

And this is just a lie. You can check MD case search to find details of the conviction. It was not "struck down", in fact, she is on prohbation as a direct result.

7. Sandra-A1

Sandra-A1 Senior Moderator Staff Member

You don't see the HSUS giving the money that they were given as donations to help these horses giving it back..or even given to the horse owner to help her.
    Nope, that money went right to their bank account and will not be helping one animal.
    I have no problem with anyone providing factual information that shows how the HSUS works.
    Craig Paul has factual information that discredits the information (and wrong doings) that the HSUS put out......nothing wrong with that!
    The way I see it is that HSUS is the one putting out propaganda....

8. Baylily

Baylily Senior Member

9. Baylily

Baylily Senior Member

No, I don't believe the HSUS is in the business of supporting a failing breeding operation.

10. Banat

Banat Senior Member+

I've heard similar stories from a variety of sources for quite a while - I don't know why you would call these "half-truths"

I too question motives. Perhaps in this case it's to speak about an issue the person cares about? I doubt the poster dug through all of the old posts and picked one at random. . .

If anyone has a right to speak about what happened, it's a person who had their horses stolen and injured in the process. Why wouldn't this information be added to this thread?