My Horse Forum
I just wrote this and i thought i would share it......tell me what you think.
Hello, My name is Katie. I am a 14 year-old girl who is strongly opposed
to horse slaughter. I own and ride horses. I know that there are currently 8 slaughter
houses in US and Canada, two of which are in Texas.
1. Bouvry Export Calgary, LTD located in Fort McLeod, Alberta
2. Yamatra Import-Export, INC located in Yamchiche, Quebec
3. Richelieu Meat, INC located in Massuville, Quebec
4. Barton Feeders Co., LTD located in Owen Sound, Ontario
5. Central Nebraska Packing located in North Platte, Nebraska
6. Cavel International located in DeKalb, Illinois
7. Beltex located in Fort Worth, Texas
8. Dallas Crown located in Kaufman, Texas.
I feel that horse slaughter should be history and all horse slaughter houses should be
wiped out. The total number of horses the world has slaughtered is 4,290,250! That is
just wrong! We do not eat pets. Eating an animal you...
I would like to discuss this issue with you all.
It seems that most people on this board are below average in weight or right at average (according to the average size of women in the USA, which is a size 14). So, a lot of you don't seem to understand the concept of larger people riding horses and the sensitivity of those riders.
Horses, in general can carry 20% of their body weight. This means they can carry 20% of their body weight in "dead weight" on their backs, all day, over varied terrain. A fit, well balanced horse (without any serious conformational flaws) can carry a well balanced, experienced rider who is up to 25-30% of their body weight for 3 to 4 hours, over varied terrain, at all gaits. An average horse is 1,000 lbs; 25% of that is 250lbs, 30% is 300lbs.
How do I know this? Because I am 25% of my horse's weight (with tack & trail gear) and I have successfully ridden her on long, very hilly and tough trails for the past 4 years with no adverse effects to her...
Horse Grooming Supplies (HGS) provides its free equine classifieds section as a public forum and is not responsible for the items and/or horses bought or sold online. As a buyer or seller, it is your responsibility to ensure you are not defrauded. We will, of course, do what we can do to help if we are sure fraud was committed, but we can not vouch for the authenticity of any user nor the reliability.
Here are some helpful tips
- Never accept a cashier's check that is over the price of the item or horse on sale.
- Do not assume that because the bank has cashed the check for you, it is a legitimate check. Depending on the issuing bank, Cashier checks can take up to 30 days to determine if they are legitimate.
- Be more suspicious if you are requested to handle a transaction through a wire transfer.
- Ask the seller to provide a phone number and call the seller to see if the number is correct and working.
- Reconsider doing...
Ok this is the diet I am trying at the moment. Mum lost 3 kg in 2 days. So feel free take a look and if you do end up trying it post your sucess, let us know if it works for you. Mum walks for about 45 mins in the morning. But I am sure you are all horsie people, you might loose it faster. So read carefully this could be exactly what you have been after.
Cardiac Unit Recipe for Fast Weight Loss
2 large cans of crushed tomatoes
1 bunch green spring onions
2 large campbells beef stock
1 pkt dry vegetable soup mix
1 bunch of celery
2 cans of green French beans
2 green peppers
1kg of carrots
1 oxo beef cube
Page 104 of 113